I am on the T-Mobile network and am looking into switching from a Razr V3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xdarkangelle no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl and reception

Advertisement

I am on the T-Mobile network and am looking into switching from a Razr V3 to a Blackberry Pearl. I will primarily use the BB for making calls and I have read mixed reviews about how this device actually functions as a phone. Most reviews I have read only deal with the data aspect of the device.

How good is the reception for the phone? I live in Los Angeles and that is where the phone will primarily be used, but from past experience I know T-Mobile reception differs greatly between phones. Before I got the Razr I had a Samsung and had horrible reception. With the Razr I basically have reception everywhere I go. I really am interested in the BB so, that I can sync my calendar and organizer to my phone and also for the e-mail aspect. My biggest fear though is that I will sacrifice reception and my ability to have good sounding conversations for these other functions.

So, the main question is just how well does the BB Pearl measure up as a phone?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry Pearl and reception

I have the Pearl and it works just as good as my nokia 6103 in my area (Fresno, CA)

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Dont forget you have 30 days to test it out in Cali before your buyers remorse runs out.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

I had the v3 before my BB on TMobile service. I think that the reception is very comparable. The only place I don't get good reception is in my office at work (basement). I have had no issues otherwise.