Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That "article" is bogus. Whoever wrote it is just looking for something to complain about, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Re: Blackberry Pearl and quality of keys.

Advertisement

That "article" is bogus. Whoever wrote it is just looking for something to complain about, and apparently doesn't know much about keyboards or device construction. The only reason you can't do that on most other phones is because there's usually a plastic framework around the keys that only allows them to move up and down. The 710x and 8100 lack that, while all the QWERTY devices have it.

If you want to complain, complain about how easily the device smudges, or the MicroSD card being under the batter n-gage style, or the lack of an included case. But complaining because you can jab a large screwdriver between the keys and pry them up? I call BS on that.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob
    Two points:

I like the way the keys feel on the pearl. It's hard to press hard buttons on such a small device, so I welcome the floating nature and soft press of the 8100 keys. The keys still engage positively, and that's what matters to me.

Second thing is that this seems to be more of a two sides of the fence thing. Basically, there are a large percentage of BB users who hate what the Pearl stands for. ...

Just my 2 cents.
    Well said.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

TexRob, a voice of reason. Kudos

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by BBWrangler
    That "article" is bogus. Whoever wrote it is just looking for something to complain about, and apparently doesn't know much about keyboards or device construction. The only reason you can't do that on most other phones is because there's usually a plastic framework around the keys that only allows them to move up and down. The 710x and 8100 lack that, while all the QWERTY devices have it.

If you want to complain, complain about how easily the device smudges, or the MicroSD card being under the batter n-gage style, or the lack of an included case. But complaining because you can jab a large screwdriver between the keys and pry them up? I call BS on that.
    Well said But see my thread on main page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12