Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, I could care less about tzones. If there is one thing I am not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hyedipin no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100- Uncaught Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Advertisement

Well, I could care less about tzones. If there is one thing I am not going pay for is some ringtones or wallpapers.. I just cannot believe people pay for those things. Just do one of your favorite song or picture turn it into wallpaper. How hard is that?

Google Maps is now working, but when I type www.google.com on the Tzones Browser (BB) it doesn't show up. Doesn't this support full HTML browsing?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100- Uncaught Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Nope, not on tzones. you should be getting a browser icon (globe with yellow arrow around it) and a set up internet email icon soon. If it does not come in try registering on host routing table again.

Thanks. I have two browsers. One is TZones browser (with Red Circle) other is the BB browser. I think both of them link to the same thing. From the General Preferences you can change the "Browser" between Tzones and Blackberry. I am not clear as to what's the difference is. Both of them run slow.. I think BB Browser renders differently than Tzones browser..

In addition my Opera Browser is not working either.

Edit: I checked the Setup Internet E-mail. I haven't gone through it yet, and cancelled it mid way through. Is this setup internet e-mail like get e-mail from my POP service and push to my blackberry? Isn't there a simple e-mail setup so it can check for new messages every given interval like the WM setup?
    Last edited by hyedipin; 07-24-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by hyedipin
    Thanks. I have two browsers. One is TZones browser (with Red Circle) other is the BB browser. I think both of them link to the same thing. From the General Preferences you can change the "Browser" between Tzones and Blackberry. I am not clear as to what's the difference is. Both of them run slow.. I think BB Browser renders differently than Tzones browser..

In addition my Opera Browser is not working either.

Edit: I checked the Setup Internet E-mail. I haven't gone through it yet, and cancelled it mid way through. Is this setup internet e-mail like get e-mail from my POP service and push to my blackberry? Isn't there a simple e-mail setup so it can check for new messages every given interval like the WM setup?
    Blackberry browser is html tzones is wap. as far as email goes yes that is where you set up email to forward to the BB every 10-15 mins or so. as far as opera make sure your TCP settings are correct. options>TCP apn should be wap.voicestream.com , user name and password are left blank.

Thanks, it works now. I found out that they both have their own settings. One could be setup to act like wap browser, while other could be set up to act like a regular browser. Including emulations etc.

Regarding e-mail. I guess there is no e-mail application running on BB at all, then? Everything (processing) is done twice. Once by T-Mobile website (get the e-mails from server) and once again by BB device, to get e-mails from T-Mobile Box to BB handset. While WM5 devices pick up from e-mail server and keep them on the device inbox.

ggorman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by alexignatyuk View Post
    Go to your options then go to sms text... Then scroll down till you see an option that says number of previous items. You have to change that number to different one it does not matter what number you change it to. Then when you change it save your changes. Then it should work. Also if you reboot your blackberry by removing the batt your are gonna start having the same problem what you have to do is do what you did before and its gonna work...
    This procedure worked perfectly for me! Thanks!

/Greg

stinger1969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was facing the same problem on a 8310 and a lot of Bold's 9000 and this is how i fixed it
    Problem:
    First activation of a new Blackberry 9000 is working fine, but after a wipe of the device, during startup (after closing the wizard) you get the message
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"
    Cause:
    The NXP Policy that was sent to the Blackberry by the BES server has left its tracks on the device and needs to be overwritten
    Solution:
    All solutions like wiping the device, reinstall OS, etc did not fix this. What did was the following:
    After a wipe, just activate the device with a BES account, disregarding the java error.
    When activation is completed, use the BES to send the "Default Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up
    Now the error will not appear and all will function fine
    Once again, use the BES, but now to send the "Company Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up again
    Now your Blackberry is up and running again without any java errors and with the Company Policy
    Kind regards, Stefan van Bakel
    Last edited by stinger1969; 02-09-2009 at 05:52 AM. Reason: different fonts used, not readable

stinger1969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Possible solution to error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

I was facing the same error on a 8310 and a lot of Bold's 9000 and this is how i fixed it

Problem:
    First activation of a new Blackberry 9000 is working fine, but after a wipe of the device, during startup (after closing the wizard) you get the message
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"

Cause:
    The Company Policy that was sent to the Blackberry by the BES server has left its tracks on the device and needs to be overwritten
    All solutions like wiping the device, reinstall OS, etc did not fix this, except the following...

Solution:
    After a wipe, just activate the device with a BES account, disregarding the java error.
    When activation is completed, use the BES to send the "Default Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up
    Now the error will not appear and all will function fine
    Once again, use the BES, but now to send the "Company Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up again

Now your Blackberry is up and running again without any java errors and with the Company Policy

Kind regards, Stefan van Bakel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123