Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nope, it is not hidden. I have selected "Show All" the day I got my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hyedipin no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100- Uncaught Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Advertisement

Nope, it is not hidden.
    I have selected "Show All" the day I got my Pearl. So All that made appear is Turn Off, Compose and Saved Messages icons in the grid.

I am wondering if the browser is not installed properly? In the Advanced Options / Applications, it shows Browser 4.2.

Regarding not having data plan: I didn't activate data plan, because I am concerned that this browser error will cause problems browsing and I will end up paying for data plan without being able to use it until this is resolved. I assume I cannot try browser with Laptop Pass-Through (from what I read that's not possible).

Thank You.

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100- Uncaught Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Add: I just saw your second post, added while I was typing this message. OK. I will try to add the data plan to my phone. And see if that helps any.. If it still doesn't help I will end up restoring the whole system. I don't want to back up anything, as I believe that might carry whatever is causing problems with it over to the fresh OS.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

you can back it up but when you restore go through the advanced restore. this will only trans the info back to the phone not any other junk that may be there like a regular restore. post back if you have any more issues.

Thank You. I noticed you are using 4.2.1.101. Is that extensively superior to 4.2.0.64 (Default T-Mo OS)? Would that help me if I used that version? I am very experienced with WM Phones, but this is first time I am dealing with Blackberry systems, so unless the latest OS is foolproof, and with as little bugs as possible, I would like to keep the default OS on it. Since I will be restoring the OS, I might as well try the latest one..

Thanks again.
    Last edited by hyedipin; 07-23-2007 at 12:27 PM.

OMG comparing .101 to .64 is like comparing a Mercedes to a VolksWagon. Processor in the 1.101 runs fast, no memory leak, no lag pulling up info on memory card. complete opposite of the buggy, slow .64 s/w.

I see. So there are no known issues with that?
    Sorry to steer this off topic, but this might be the fix..
    Also your platform is 2.3.0.80, mine is 2.2.0.37. Is that upgraded seperately or when OS is upgraded does that get updated as well? Could you please give me the link to the OS you are using, let me try it tonight.
    Thanks again for your patience and support so far!!!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html here is the link. It is an austrian OS about half way down first page. You need to download the OS for the phone and the desktop manager for the pc version 4.2.2.14. platform comes with the OS. If you run into issues PIN me(PIN is in my profile) or PM me( you now have enough posts to do so i think) and i will be glad to help.

OK Thanks.
    I will give this a test drive this afternoon.

I will get

Firmware für BlackBerry 8100 (Pearl) - Version 4.2.1.101
    online seit 03-07-2007 - Download (75 MB | exe)
    And

BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    für BlackBerry Geräte
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager für Windows 2000/XP/Vista - Version 4.2.2.14
    enthält Roxio Medienmanager für BlackBerry 8300
    online seit 15-06-2007 - Download (397 MB | exe)
    and then I will activate data plan. I assume it is easy to setup T-Mobile settings regardless of the OS being used without limitations?

Thanks again.

You got it. You are on the right track. As i said if you have any issues PIN me and i will try to help.

OK, I upgraded to 4.2.1.101 and there is no more illegal arugument over the java.lang
    It came with T-Zones, does that mean I can use $5.99 T-Zones plan with this phone now? Also, the browser button is not there, and it says T-Zones everywhere.. The original one didn't mention anything about T-Zones.

Also, I heard about dropping calls after 10 minutes, I am on the phone for 12 minutes now and no drops.

Quote Originally Posted by hyedipin
    OK, I upgraded to 4.2.1.101 and there is no more illegal arugument over the java.lang
    It came with T-Zones, does that mean I can use $5.99 T-Zones plan with this phone now? Also, the browser button is not there, and it says T-Zones everywhere.. The original one didn't mention anything about T-Zones.

Also, I heard about dropping calls after 10 minutes, I am on the phone for 12 minutes now and no drops.
    Glad to hear you got it up and running. no you cannot just use 5.99 tzones but if you have the BB feature on the acct make sure that you go into options> advanced options> host routing table > and menu> register now to get you reset on BB network.

OK, Thanks for your help.
    I have been getting a lot of "the location you are now, you cannot use data services" error. The reson for that was EDGE underneath my indicator was not there.. I never saw this error with the old OS. I wonder if there is a few limitations with low reception. Or if reception is affected with newer OS.

I just ordered BB Data Add-On from T-Mo, it is not active yet, but how come when I click on the browser on the BB (T-Zones Browser) it says "browse web for $5.99". Did anyone actually try it with this firmware to see if it works?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hyedipin
    OK, Thanks for your help.
    I have been getting a lot of "the location you are now, you cannot use data services" error. The reson for that was EDGE underneath my indicator was not there.. I never saw this error with the old OS. I wonder if there is a few limitations with low reception. Or if reception is affected with newer OS.

I just ordered BB Data Add-On from T-Mo, it is not active yet, but how come when I click on the browser on the BB (T-Zones Browser) it says "browse web for $5.99". Did anyone actually try it with this firmware to see if it works?

Thanks.
    it's giving you the generic error message that means that tzones is not active. one the bb feature is added and activated it will go away. It's the same on any other phone that does not already have the 5.99 tzones. without it on a normal phone you cannot surf the web. on this phone it is included with tzones and the BB browser, WAP vs HTML.

I see.. I was just trying to get in on the cheaper deal like I did with my SDA (which isn't supposed to support T-Zones Internet, but it just did and worked fine without $19.99 or $29.99 plan). I guess it doesn't work with BB. No problem. I just put my order through, and it said I should get a message within 24 hours once it is activated.

You've been very helpful. Thank You. + to your trusted level!

no problem at all. also if you do not need the internet ftr for email and surfing the web you can add on the BB enabler for free. this will give you access to tzones , ability to download, IM, and picture message.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast