Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Evidently the 8100 has a lot of bugs. I have already had T-Mobile send me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vpham no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: blackberry pearl 8100 trackball not rolling down

Advertisement

Evidently the 8100 has a lot of bugs. I have already had T-Mobile send me 3 BB's & they all have one problem to the next if you are a heavy user. The trackball issue is a bugger! I thought initially that it was a hardware issue, but soon found it was a software issue. Unloaded some downloaded themes & went back to basics. Then everything worked ok.

Hope this helps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

meandmypookie no está en línea Stack level 1

this actually happend to me a few times right after I got a new phone I had it replaced because it wasnt scrolling down,I discovered I was not pressing down hard enough I was barely touching the ball moving it around.If it happens again I may have to try the paper thing I just started pushing down on it a little more firm

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Had the same problem and took it apart. Had a bit lump of lint on the roller. Not that its gone its working lovely. And next time it happens ill clean it again.
    Just make the trackball when taking it apart. Makes it easier to put together. Was worried for a few mins.
    Be brave and it will work out. Well it did for me.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

themcnasty no está en línea Stack level 1
    If it is not dirt then do not despair! If the phone battery dies when the alarm should be going off, then next time you plug the phone in you may be greeted with the Snooze/Dismiss prompt and find you cannot scroll down!

If you press 'D' then you should be able to dismiss it and the trackball will magically work again. If you already hit snooze, just wait 10 minutes. If the prompt has stopped appearing for some reason, go to your main screen and start hiding icons until you get to the alarm one (unless it happens to be in your top row already, you lucky dog). Then you can go in, press enter one time to jump down to the time and change it to something else. Presto, it should already be working again!

If not, then it is some other program that wanted you to do something when the phone was dead and you have to find out what program and what it wants you to do.

For me, it has been the alarm twice. The first time I had already ordered my replacement phone and found out I'd have to go a week with a F'ed up track ball. Well, I rely on the alarm to wake me up and quickly discovered this fix trying to set my alarm for the morning.

y2kat2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this issue when I was taking pics sometimes. It can get a bit annoying.

acintron5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey thankssss everyone...i did the paper thing, and then i little drop of alcohol and then scrolled the cellphone on a hard surface with a piece of paper on the top... now it works like the first day!! thankssss

XXBobbXX no está en línea Stack level 2
    i just pressed moderately hard and rolled it around and it worked perfect

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ clean it...I use hot water and soap in a cup, swish it around in that for a minut or two, then dump the water and pour rubbing alcohol in it, drop the track ball in an swish it around then blow dry it with a hair dryer...

emoney157 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i took the track ball out and turned it 180 degrees and mine has bee workin ever since then

Flyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Had my 8100 for 18 months. This happens every now and again.

1) Get a cover
    2) Carefully rub the trackball on an abrasive surface. DON'T scratch the body.
    3) When any function freezes a hard reset will fix it!

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    Had my 8100 for 18 months. This happens every now and again.

1) Get a cover
    2) Carefully rub the trackball on an abrasive surface. DON'T scratch the body.
    3) When any function freezes a hard reset will fix it!
    You guys all mean soft reset...(battery pull)

hard reset is to reload the OS, or to wipe the handheld...

BTW this was an older thread that needed no bringing back up but oh well...

The0utkazt no está en línea Stack level 2

My fix

So, once again pinstack saves the day.. on an earlier post someone had reffered to wd40, and another replied that it wasnt necessary... well upon taking apart the trackball and cleaning the magnets i never thought that maybe it was the ball!

Clean the ball with (in my case wd40) or something that will take all the oils off of it. i could see the difference from a shiny oily ball to a now cloudier looking one that grabs the rollers like new!

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    there is a thread that tells you how to take apart the trackball and shows pics on how to clean, i dont know if anyone capitalized that already in page 2 cause i dont have time to look, that has been a life saver, i dont even have to look at it anymore cause i got it memorized. GOOD THING TO LEARN: HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BERRIES...
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When my trackball stopped rolling, I licked it. Worked after that.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    GROSS! well, as long as your the only one handling your berry it wouldn't be that gross...;p
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast