Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I recently joined Pinstack.com in hopes of finding a solution to a nagging problem of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

BlackBerry (Pearl) 8100 Media Player

Advertisement

I recently joined Pinstack.com in hopes of finding a solution to a nagging problem of my beloved new BB Pearl. I have been hoplessley searching for an easier method to converting media files that my BB Pearl would play. In doing so I have downloaded software from various sources and websites that only failed. I have infected my computer 3 times with harmful viruses. Although I'm a little reluctant to try anything else I will not stop my quest to finding a solution to this problem as the preloaded video to my BB Pearl seems almost perfect in all forms. The closest solution to satisfaction was a 3gp converter I downloaded and worked. But it just so happened that it was only a demo working version of the software. It allowed for decoting of only 2 minutes but it was such a simple drag and drop method. i only had to chose the format which was 3gp and the output which was my blackbberry media video folder and then just convert. No audio convertion needed and no crazy reformatting of audio or video. I found it on a thread its called 3GP Converter 0.34. Please, if anyone knows of anything that would fully work please let me know. I preffer simple "dummy" terms and step by steps to this solution. Thank you guys and im hoping that joining this community will make me a true BB enthusiast.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BlackBerry (Pearl) 8100 Media Player

What file are you trying to convert from?

And where are you downloading these programs that are giving you viruses? Please give us more specific details and we may be able to better help.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I've tried both avi and 3gp and neither worked. Any tricks?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hypnotiq510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF1A95

Quote Originally Posted by javi
    I recently joined Pinstack.com in hopes of finding a solution to a nagging problem of my beloved new BB Pearl. I have been hoplessley searching for an easier method to converting media files that my BB Pearl would play. In doing so I have downloaded software from various sources and websites that only failed. I have infected my computer 3 times with harmful viruses. Although I'm a little reluctant to try anything else I will not stop my quest to finding a solution to this problem as the preloaded video to my BB Pearl seems almost perfect in all forms. The closest solution to satisfaction was a 3gp converter I downloaded and worked. But it just so happened that it was only a demo working version of the software. It allowed for decoting of only 2 minutes but it was such a simple drag and drop method. i only had to chose the format which was 3gp and the output which was my blackbberry media video folder and then just convert. No audio convertion needed and no crazy reformatting of audio or video. I found it on a thread its called 3GP Converter 0.34. Please, if anyone knows of anything that would fully work please let me know. I preffer simple "dummy" terms and step by steps to this solution. Thank you guys and im hoping that joining this community will make me a true BB enthusiast.
    I suggest the "SUPER C" program. The second thread from the top of the Blackberry 8100 forum has the link. The thread is called "The Original: Video Encoding for the 8100"

DanDanInc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF661

DanDanInc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF661
    .mp4 is what you are looking for. I have found a great tool for converting movies. I am at work and as soon as I have a minute I will post a link to a great freeware converter.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Not to quibble, but I will, it would be easier to follow your questions if you broke your typing into small paragraphs. I can't and don't want to read that big block of words.

You may want to go to my thread/post where I provided the How To on video and also provided virus-free download of Super C, etc.

Also download the video samples I provided to see if it works on your 8100 [I assume you have a MicroSD chip].

If it works, then at least we know the 8100 is not the issue.

Here is a file sample to try out. It is virus free.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/RebelBowie.3GP

Here is the link to my thread.

It is all as simple as I say in my post. Sounds like you are complicating things by looking all over the net for programs, etc.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nload_you.html

My method is not perfect, per some other Member's techniques, but IMHO it is the quickest way to get you up and running.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Follow what hypnotiq said, it's the only way i've found to work

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Trust me, sanfran knows what he is talking about...

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok thanks I will try these links when I get home tonight. If I have trouble hope you all can help. I will also let everyone else who hasn't figured this out yet, which of these methods will be easier. Ttyl.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

DanDanInc, Welcome to PinStack

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Welcome to Pinstack.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok thanks I will try these links when I get home tonight. If I have trouble hope you all can help. I will also let everyone else who hasn't figured this out yet, which of these methods will be easier. Ttyl.
    By the way, the only reason I am willing to help is because there is nothing more depressing than getting something like the Pearl and not being able to play with all the cool stuff.

But you gotta promise one thing, quit traveling all over the Net and downloading crap. Start from scratch and follow my directions precisely. Especially get the settings on Super C right.

And here is a raw FLV file that you can try to convert with Super C on the default Sony Ericsson settings [with my changes].

Try that, see if it works, then you can experiment with other formats.

Small steps Javi, small steps.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/c...ermidnight.flv

midnkight no está en línea Stack level 2

i use the super c program nad have no issue. i actually love watching videos on it. i have the family guy on it, and it a nice break watching video. that when a 1gig memory card comes in handy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast