Hi there, I'm new on BB devices... here comes few questions, the BB Pearl 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

maximmum no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Features and costs...

Advertisement

Hi there, I'm new on BB devices... here comes few questions, the BB Pearl 8100 I just bought includes some few applications (BlackBerry Messager, BB Maps, Google Maps, MSN/Yahoo Messenger, etc...).

Right now, I'm using the Pre-paid SIM card... I was just wondering the costs for these services... how much is to connect on MSN Mensseger over the BB? What about look at the maps? And the Blackberry messenger?... How about send emails?

A friend of mine, who I bought this phone had a email configured on the device like "hisname@tmo.blackberry.com", what is this? free tmobile email? anybody can have it? Where do I sign up for me?

Thanks guys!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Features and costs...

you will not be able to use any of those services that use data unless you get a BlackBerry data plan, which I'm not sure you can on pre-paid.
    contact your carrier for this, and for the email address.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

For att there is a 30$ Data plan with is of course unlimited data with enables you to go on every program that uses data and that includes MSN and all the things you have said. About the e-mail i don't know i don't even got one nor i use one. T-mobile offers a 20$ data plan and 10$ unlimited txting.

maximmum no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys... what about if I take to overseas and the carries don't have BlackBerry on their phone lines, would it mean any problem down the road to me? I mean, is there any service of BB that demands additional service on carrier side?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by maximmum View Post
    Thanks guys... what about if I take to overseas and the carries don't have BlackBerry on their phone lines, would it mean any problem down the road to me? I mean, is there any service of BB that demands additional service on carrier side?
    yes, pretty much anything that uses data - email, browser, IM applications, BlackBerry Maps/Google Maps etc. all those would require a BlackBerry data plan, and if your future carrier does not offer that service they would not work.

You would still be able to use the phone, SMS (MMS requires data), calendar, tasks, notes
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.