Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

was charging my blackberry pearl when the screen started flashing on and off. I took ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jolienne no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

Advertisement

was charging my blackberry pearl when the screen started flashing on and off. I took out the battery thinking it would reset it, nothing changed. I let the battery drain, but once i start to charge it the unit turns on and off non stop. It doesn't get past thinking and shuts off. I believe it stays on for 2 seconds and shuts off... and continues this pattern until the battery is drained.

swtbabiguh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Phone Works, but Nothing Shows on screen

I got a Blackberry Pearl 8100 not too long ago. All of a sudden the screen showed black and gray lines going horizontally. Everything with the phone seems to be working but the LCD screen. I thought at first the battery was dead but I accidentally clicked on the button on the left side of the Pearl and it was the voice dialing. So I tried calling the phone and the phone still vibrates and the trackball lights up but I can't see anything. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    i can't seem to delete text messages from the home screen when using ANY today plus theme. it was fine a few months ago and then all of a sudden they stay there even if you go into the message and delete it. this is on a pearl....the message will erase with a battery pull but then once i get a text i get the problem again.

stinger1969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was facing the same problem on a 8310 and a lot of Bold's 9000 and this is how i fixed it
    Problem:
    First activation of a new Blackberry 9000 is working fine, but after a wipe of the device, during startup (after closing the wizard) you get the message
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"
    Cause:
    The Company Policy that was sent to the Blackberry by the BES server has left its tracks on the device and needs to be overwritten
    Solution:
    All solutions like wiping the device, reinstall OS, etc did not fix this. What did was the following:
    After a wipe, just activate the device with a BES account, disregarding the java error.
    When activation is completed, use the BES to send the "Default Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up
    Now the error will not appear and all will function fine
    Once again, use the BES, but now to send the "Company Policy" to the device
    Shutdown the device, take out the battery, put it back in and start up again
    Now your Blackberry is up and running again without any java errors and with the Company Policy
    Kind regards, Stefan van Bakel

tiffstick no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Service problems

My blackberry pearl is having connection problems. I have done everything including a hard reset of the phone. It connects for a few minutes with messages being delayed then will stop receiving calls, texts nor can I complete them. However, it still says I have service - there are bars for signal and "t-mobile" is still on the top rather than it saying searching. Has anyone ever heard of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffstick View Post
    My blackberry pearl is having connection problems. I have done everything including a hard reset of the phone. It connects for a few minutes with messages being delayed then will stop receiving calls, texts nor can I complete them. However, it still says I have service - there are bars for signal and "t-mobile" is still on the top rather than it saying searching. Has anyone ever heard of the problem?
    I suggest a re-install or upgrade of the OS, a process that does not take too long. If this does not solve the reception problem, it is probably a hardware issue and you probably need a new handheld.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had several BB's that did this. I had to exchange a 7100t because all of the solutions listed didn't work. Then when my SideKick 3 and first 8120 did this, the only thing I needed was a new SIM card. If that doesn't work, then try the OS reinstall/upgrade and then the device exchange as a last ditch effort.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678