Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hey everyone, I just got the pearl, and already had to re "code" it as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

newpearluser no está en línea Stack level 1

Question LED missed call indicator?

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I just got the pearl, and already had to re "code" it as rogers liked to call it... basically they sent me to www.rogers.com/techsupport and had me download updates 8100 software... Everything now works, however, I do not receive any LED notificatiopn for missed calls. I DO however receive the notification if the caller leaves a message, but this is only to indicate that I have voicemail. I would like it to led flash that i have a missed call, and i am just wondering if not having this led indcatior is normal! please help!

stevio no está en línea Stack level 1

Haicom GPS Receiver problem

Quote Originally Posted by snowman100
    When using BB Maps and I turn on the Bluetooth GPS (Haicom-407BT), I receive the following message within 5 seconds of initializing the GPS:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Anybody had any luck with this? I'm having exact same problem.

lily1980 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    lily1980, Welcome to PinStack.

Have you installed Desktop Manager (DM) 4.2 on you PC? Have you tried to transfer the MP3 file with the Media Manager App in DM 4.2? Do you have a microSD memory chip in you Pearl?

Rcbjr.
    i just get sd for my pearl so what should i do ? thanks

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Lily. I responded to you in the other thread. Pin me and I'll help you out.

icefone no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

i have posted elsewhere, but there is a bug in the keypad lock mechanism that allows the pearl to accidentally turn off or more seriously accidentally call 911.

1. turn keypad lock ON (press/hold * or select Keyboard Lock
    2. press/hold red pwr button in front.

The pearl will turn OFF in your pocket and wont be able to receive calls. This is because they moved the pwr button to the front and didnt test it i guess.

next,...

1. turn keypad lock ON
    2. press perl ball 3 times. (twice to get menu, once to select Emergency Call)
    3. if the perl is touched again properly, the phone calls 911.

Ok, this happened to me and i am ticked. Almost enough to return the thing and wait for a new model.

Someone suggested going into Standby rather than use Keypad lock - however, if you press/hold the red pwr button for a while, the pearl comes out of standby and is free to experience any keypresses in your pocket.

I THINK THIS IS A MAJOR BUG. THE KEYPAD LOCK SHOULD LOCK THE KEYPAD.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I am having a hard time actually seeing how any anyone accidently called 911 using the lock.

First there would have to be a button press to activate the lock menu,

Then the ball would have to scroll down ever so slightly to the emergency call selection

Then another press of the ball or enter key as no other key works

Then another slight scroll up to yes make the emergency call

Then another press of the ball or enter key only.

Highly unlikely if you ask me.

kercus05 no está en línea Stack level 2

help me plz my fone keep asking me 2 reset error 523

traveler23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yesterday I uploaded a .WAV to my BB and then tried to use it as my ringer. It would only play the first few seconds and then quit. I spoke with RIM and spent forever with them trying to fix it only to hear "Congratulations! You've just found a new bug. We're going to escalate this so it can be fixed" Great. Then they converted my song to an .mp3, emailed it back to me and it works fine as my ringer. Don't know if this happens with all .WAV but head's up.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

traveler23, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for letting us know about this problem, I use a lot of wav files as my tones and haven't noticed this yet, but most are short anyway.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

with the latest upgrades I can no longer get Opera mini browser to connect, and there is no way to turn off the auto-dim feature.....(just mentioning it cause its drivin me crazy)

jfarjona no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

Hello:

Last night I setup the alarm clock on my BB Pearl 8100, this morning it woke up with the message: JVM Error 523, below the message the reset button. I pressed it and it did a restart... just to arrive to the same thing. It starts and as soon as it shows the T-Mobile splash screen goes back to Error 523, reset. I have tried already to take off the battery for 15-30, 30-45 sec, and even 1 hour... same thing.
    How can I wipe and reload the OS ?

Thanks in advance.

-- Juan

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jfarjona, Welcome to PinStack.

To reload the OS on your Pearl, follow the process in this thread, How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry. If that doesn't work you may have to use the one in this thread, How To: Reinstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jgolemon86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4012BF40
    well now i'm glad i decieded to view the post.
    i was considering switching from nextel cause all they offer is the 7100i to cingular for the new bb pearl... i orginally came here to ask u guys for your comments on the overall performance of the pearl,also do u like or regret gettin the phone? lemme know thanks

NewBBprlUser no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the pearl, i am able to pair my samsung wep200 bluetooth headset, however it will not activate the mic or speaker on the headset. I have updated the pearl to the most recent. I am able to push the button on my headset to make the phone dial however no communication on the headset. I have used this headset with a jabra 2.5mm plug bluetooth emmiter for none bluetooth phones. Any help? with work with anyone with ideas, tmobile hasnt helped much at all.:cry::cry:

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    Quote Originally Posted by NewBBprlUser
    I have the pearl, i am able to pair my samsung wep200 bluetooth headset, however it will not activate the mic or speaker on the headset. I have updated the pearl to the most recent. I am able to push the button on my headset to make the phone dial however no communication on the headset. I have used this headset with a jabra 2.5mm plug bluetooth emmiter for none bluetooth phones. Any help? with work with anyone with ideas, tmobile hasnt helped much at all.:cry::cry:
    Which new OS is that the new Cingular (4.2.0.69)?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast