Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I have a problem dynamically switching apps. I hit ctl and the back button and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

Advertisement

I have a problem dynamically switching apps. I hit ctl and the back button and the screen pops up for less than a sec..... This is with the o2 version 64 software.....

snowman100 no está en línea Stack level 1

When using BB Maps and I turn on the Bluetooth GPS (Haicom-407BT), I receive the following message within 5 seconds of initializing the GPS:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

mlapico no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 / GPS Java Error - Holux 236

I recently purchased a Holux GPSlim 236 to work with my BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and the BB Maps. I can connect the device via bluetooth without any problems, but when I select "Start GPS" in BB Maps it closes the program and gives me this error message:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Anyone else getting this? Can't figure out whether its the GPS receiver or the BlackBerry that is screwing up.

Thanks!!!

mehere2484 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E02C81

my blackberry pearl reset two times a day is it normal

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

snowman100 and mlapico, welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with your Pearl/GPS puck problem, but it sound like a similar problem. Maybe someone that can help will be along shortly.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mehere2484 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E02C81

I have two problems with my blackberry
    1) it says error 202 and than reset itself atleast 2 times a day...is it normal?
    2) if i am calling A and B(or A) is calling me, my phone is connected and at the same time if B is calling me......instead of the just number poping on my screen, the phone actually vibrates and rings at the same time when i am talking to A, and bad thind is you can stop that ring......it happens to me twice in two days.....is it normal or some problem with my phone?
    I hope, i gave somewhat clear description of my problems.
    Please reply to help me.
    Thanks,

donovan1983 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF59B1

The biggest issue I have observed on all releases, including the recent O2 release, is that the messaging app will slow to a crawl. When sending a message, it can take from 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the phone to stop showing the "Send SMS" menu after selecting to send a message and when browsing SMS messages, it can take just about as long to display a message and then browse to the next or previous message, or to get back to the message list. To me, this is easily the most severe bug and one that takes the 8100 from being a convenience device to one that tries my patience. I really hope this bug gets fixed soon since it puts a severe damper on the usability of the 8100.

Random slowdowns also happen in other applications, although not quite to the degree of the messaging application. It has happened to me in every application and at seemingly random times.

This thing freezes every few days at least and I must do a battery pull to reset it.

Again, these issues have all occured in every OS release (the original T-Mobile, the Rogers release, and the O2 release) I have installed.

I think OS 4.2 has some pretty big issues to iron out, and I really hope they get ironed out soon. I'm leaving my 8700g on OS 4.1 even when OS 4.2 is released for it since I want a backup device for those days the 8100's slowness becomes unbearable. I love my 8100 and will keep it and still recommend it to others, but I will readily admit it has some pretty big bugs. Maybe not Windows Mobile 5 type issues, but ones that I don't expect in a BlackBerry.

ajhuxley no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

I have the same problem, I cleared all databases, took the sim out and it was still there. I did have the same problem on an older model with ghost calendar reminders, cant remember what fixed that. Any ideas out there?

Quote Originally Posted by robertkemmer
    Missed call notification will not go away. I cleared my missed calls and now I have an astrix by my call log and a missed call notification and my call log is empty. Any help out there
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ajhuxley, Welcome to PinStack.

Is it a missed call indicator (Phone with Red X) or a Voice Mail Indicator (small tape Cassette)? Check the Saved Messages List for unread messages, If it's the latter, call you phone from another phone, leave a VMail. Once you get the VMail notification, call in and review and delete the VMail you left. That should clear it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ajhuxley no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks but i ts the missed call indicator. I did get a missed call when I first got the device and it picked the details up from the SIM card (before I'd loaded my contacts etc). I think its this missed call that has caused it. But I have cleared every database down and taken the SIM card out and its still there. Driving me crazy!:cry: I'm close to reflashing the entire device if I can get the software
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    ajhuxley, Welcome to PinStack.

Is it a missed call indicator (Phone with Red X) or a Voice Mail Indicator (small tape Cassette)? Check the Saved Messages List for unread messages, If it's the latter, call you phone from another phone, leave a VMail. Once you get the VMail notification, call in and review and delete the VMail you left. That should clear it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try another Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) first. If you really want to get the OS, it's not that hard, You should be able to find the link to your carriers OS from this Thread, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

one68 no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys.. i got the following error 2/3 days in a row. it's when i use the BB messenger. after receiving a msg, the bb msgr icon would show and stay on the screen as an indicator even after i checked the message. and now i got the following error msg:

"uncaught exception: applicatoin_net_rim_bb_qm_peer(88) is not responding; process terminated."

this was after receiving a bb msg. i was not able to get into the program to read the msg until i did a soft reset.

any thoughts? tia.

tMax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E2018A

Minor bug:
    Using T-Mo Zen theme, hidden applications sometimes show up (but are greyed out). This is a non-consistent bug.
    Details: The T-Mo Zen theme allows applications to be hidden in the launcher list. I have a number of apps that I chose to hide, 'cause I hardly ever use them. Sometimes (really, sometimes - this is totally unpredictable) all the hidden applications show up in the launcher. They are greyed out, but I can select them and the app will start. BTW, I'm not in the app organisation mode when this happens...

Other than that, I'm not having any of the issues reported in this section, with the possible exception of the "trackball kills ringtone" issue. If and when T-Mo issues a new OS update, I will need to figure out how to install the update - I'm on a Mac and Pocketmac doesn't support OS installs. Any idea what I could do? Can T-Mo stores update my phone? Thanks! - tMax

sliptech no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm getting an error when i start/restart my 8100; "Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" any ideas what might be causing this? i have a 512 microsd card. I'm also having trouble accessing voice dialing.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    sliptech, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't know that much about the Pearl, but it sounds like you could be running low on Internal Memory, not the micro card. These are two separate memory areas and are not combined. Go to Options/Status and see what your free memory is. After that do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in), and see what Free memory you have.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast