Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Per Jopper: When I entered a contact into addresses everything worked fine. The problem arose ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100 Bugs/Errors Report Page

Advertisement

Per Jopper:

When I entered a contact into addresses everything worked fine. The problem arose when I tried to edit the name of the contact and changed it from lowercase to uppercase.

ex.

Under Edit Address

1st time: friend cell
    2nd time: FRIEND CELL

It allowed me to save changes, but when I do voice activated dialing it now shows:

1. friend cell
    2. FRIEND CELL

and I have to do another step to dial, instead of saying "Call FRIEND CELL" and having it dial straight away. It's as if there are two different entries but in reality there is only one. I also have "Allow duplicate names" set to off.

eieio no está en línea Stack level 1

(1) gmail responses do not open properly - in fact, they do not open at all. they have duplicated this problem in their offices now (RIM) and they have taken my request/complaint more seriously. hope they find a solution! gmail shouldn't be overlooked!

(2) ringing goes off by moving the Pearl/trackball even slightly. this is more than a "minor annoyance", to me, at least. This is a design flaw. in my humble opinion. I hope you'll escalate the importance of this issue!

thank you!

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Sort By and Sort Direction of media (music, video, ringtones, and pictures) does not work. You have options to sort by Name, Date/Time, asending, and descending in the media browser. Setting any combination of these has no effect.

v4.2.0.42 (2.2.0.28)

tsquare no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

missed call icon will not go away, and sending a picture (mms) message locks up the phone.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

No audible ring even when phone is set to ring.

Uncaught exception jav.lang...

Jav reset error with white screen

Freezes in between switching apps

Hour glassing won't stop when I try to visit web pages or send messages

Phone doesn't show a call ring--just goes straight to voicemail and puts missed called icon on screen

New themes posted on mobile.BlackBerry.com phone won't ring. Only goes to voice mail.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I seem to be having only minor issues. First and probably the most annoying is the time on my pearl. I live in the eastern time zone. My pearl must have lived in the pacific time zone in a previous life, because it has a tendancy to lose time sync with the network and occasionally reverts to pacific time. I've tried to set the time by the network, by blackberry, no network, all with no prevail. I have to manually update the time about 2 or 3 times daily for the phone time to match network time. Is this norm? Also some text messages sent to my girlfriend are received as garbled gibberish. Other than that I love my pearl.

Also, the browser message icon won't go away although I don't have any saved browser messages.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blatino730 no está en línea Stack level 1

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! I inserted a SanDisk 1.0GB Micro SD card and now my BBPearl says App Error 523 and forces me to choose the reset option...and this is right after I enter my unlock code after a reset. I took the Miceo card out and even the battery and tried it without the card and it still doesn the same thing. Is it broken? This is only day #3 with it....Someone please send me a message back. or send a message on AIM SN Perfectpapi before I go crazy and have a melt down.

jbbearden11 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an issue of locking the keypad and receiving a call while locked. I then cannot unlock the phone to get to other apps during the call. When you press menu button it gives you an option to unlock but it does not unlock. This is annoying when someone needs me to check my calendar or look up someone's phone number I can't do it while on the call if the phone is locked when the call comes in. I have to lock the phone to keep it from accidental calls when in holster.

Did you download the latest software version from Rogers Wireless. There's a thread listed here that has the link for this download. I have downloaded it and found that many of my issues have been resolved. Here's the new version 8100/4.2.0.51.

jbbearden11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info. Worked great.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jbbearden11, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dwgncat no está en línea Stack level 1

Similar to j_llama, I've noticed a timezone issue with this Pearl on the TMO network. After a complete wipe, I set the timezone to Central time then go through the and Enterprise Activation. All goes well except all of my calendar items are listed at 1 hour earlier, which would lead to a Mountain timezone setting. I then checked the Date/Time Source: within the Date/Time setting... and it was set to BlackBerry. I then wiped the handheld and tried again, but his time setting the source to Network. At first, the calendar items were set correctly. But, upon further review a couple hours later, the calendar items were all switched back to 1 hour earlier. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

brodgar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2589ceeb

Just got my Pearl today on T-Mobile (UK) and have found a glitch with the voice dialing, it seems to be set up for Americian numbers eg. 123-456-7890 and not uk numbers which are 01234 567890, so when I say my 11 digit phone number it tries to fit it into a 10 digit number which wont work! I have changed my Language options to English (United Kingdom) for both device and voice dialing.
    7130g, Scotland UK, T-Mobile, PIN 204A18FŁ

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dwgncat, Welcome to PinStack.

Does the Time shown in the Date/Time Options screen show the correct Time? Is you daylight Savings time set correctly in your PIM Settings that your BES is connected to?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast