Using my new blackberry 8100 to try and access mobile.blackberry.com but it gives me the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

meta474 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Pearl (8100) Browser Issue - mobile.blackberry.com

Advertisement

Using my new blackberry 8100 to try and access mobile.blackberry.com but it gives me the text:

The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. Learn more about BlackBerry here.

For more information about BlackBerry visit wwwDOTdiscoverblackberryDOTcom

instead of working. I'm using the blackberry browser...

I got my BB just today from the cingular store. I googled all over and from the sparse information I've been able to find it seems its because my carrier altered the browser's name to something else. I've gone under options to try and change the browser, but it won't change from "MEdia Net" to anything else. I have Opera Mini installed, too, but that one gives me the same errors.

Any help would be appreciated. I've also tried changing the TCP settings to different stuff (wap.voicestream.com etc) with no luck.

Thanks.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry Pearl (8100) Browser Issue - mobile.blackberry.com

Hi Meta and happy New Year! As far as I am aware, you'll need to get your carrier to send you the service books for the Blackberry Browser. You might have to explain to them that there are 2 types of browser. I have the same issue with Vodafone UK and haven't gotten anywhere with them yet. Try this thread and see if it helps: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post120935

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I thought the APN wap.voicestream.com was for tmobile networks, no? You say you are on the cingular network. That probably has nothing to do with your problem, but posting mixed info may confuse readers who don't know better.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Happy New Year, to all...

But, if I remember correctly, with Cingular, it takes 24-48 hours before the 'data' side of your package is FULLY operational. So, in addition to the service books, that could be another issue...

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    Happy New Year, to all...

But, if I remember correctly, with Cingular, it takes 24-48 hours before the 'data' side of your package is FULLY operational. So, in addition to the service books, that could be another issue...
    This is very true... I forgot about that part of it. I know that happened to me with T-Mobile. I wasn't able to set up my email accounts on the Pearl after I first got the phone. I was ticked off and called their tech support demanding answers and they very politely explained that I just had to wait a couple hours. And then it was good...
    "Mmm... Vodka and pie..."

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

meta474, Welcome to PinStack.

Go to Options/Advanced Options/Browser and set your Default Browser Configuration to Internet. This should allow you to access the mobile.blackberry.com site.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB. In the future, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device, Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack meta, let us know how it goes.

silverxj no está en línea Stack level 2

I too have a pearl on the cingular network.
    when I got my phone I had 2 seperate icons for internet.
    1 is media net, and the other is just the blackberry browser.
    Make sure that your icon for the blackberry browser isnt hidden.
    You can do this on your main screen by hitting the menu button and then clicking on show all. You can hide icons you dont use very often to clean up the menu, this might be your problem.

~John

smacko no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E96AB5

I seem to have a problem getting the internet selection to save. Each time I save it and return it still says Blackberry. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

smacko, Welcome to PinStack.

Your profile indicates that you are running on a BES. I imagine that your BB Admin has instituted a policy that prohibits use of the Internet Browser. You should contact your BB Admins to verify this.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles