I purchased a 1 gig expansion card for my BB Pearl and attempted to synch ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bruceminor no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Peal Memory

Advertisement

I purchased a 1 gig expansion card for my BB Pearl and attempted to synch my ACT database management file (80meg) but it stopped after loading 650 of 1650 contact due to "insufficient memory" The BB level 2 PDA support group told me that it would not work because the device needs to have enough memory in the phone itself in order to load the expansion card.

I am not sure that they are correct and would like to hear from someone who has had some experience with it.

Thanks

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    seems like it's trying to sync to the device mem. If that's the only option then BB support are correct.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    bruceminor, Welcome to PinStack.

They are correct. From what I have read, the Media Chip is only for media, video and audio. But I'm surprised that you can only get that many contacts on your device. Do you have a lot of media files stored on your device memory, that could be put on the chip to free up some device memory.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    blackberry peal....i laughed out loud

hm, arent contacts unlimited as long as you have the space? like RC said, media and all that goes on card. what about apps....have alot installed?

bobnelles no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can A 8100 Store Gis Maps On The Media Card And Use Them With The Gps, The Terraatlas MAP That Came Installed Works Perfect But I Want To Use Topo Maps In A Remote Locations/no Data Service Avalible

Thanks RCbJR
    note a program called Spot is cool and I have it working with google maps , however they require a subscription service and the BB requires a radio signal/rogers so its of no use in a remote area,
    Last edited by bobnelles; 11-26-2006 at 06:35 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    bobnelles, Welcome to PinStack.

I really don't think that it can, but I'm not sure. It might take a 3rd party app, and I haven't heard of one yet.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a memory problem before due to a lot of emails with pictures and videos. The Pearl seems to save everything for a default 30 days and doesnt just allow 50 saved txts like most cell phones. My old cell only allowed a max of 50 each (sent/Inbox/Outbox) and even refused large pics and vids where the Pearl seems to accept anything of any size.

I deleted them all plus a program I hardly ever used and reset the phone and had tons of space then.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I found this tidbit on cnet.com just now.

"As a phone, the address book is limited only by the available memory, which tops out at 64MB flash memory (the SIM card holds an additional 250 contacts). For each entry, you can store up to eight numbers, work and home addresses, e-mail and Web addresses, company information, and notes."

manisholiday no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Peal Memory

I have blackberry pearl after start connection to computer and turining mass storage mode on & formated the medai card from computer, i am unable to find media card in Blackberry, if i connect to computer, i am getting media card as a mass storage.

what could be the issue ?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you have Mass Storage Mode on you cannot view the files on the BB from the BB.

You can view the files on the BB from the PC.

It gives you that warning when you enable Mass Storage Mode. So if you enable it and connect it up you need to view the files from you PC. Basically Mass Storage Mode turns your BB into a Thumbdrive.

Hope that helps

manisholiday no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks you are right Reddog187.
    Finally after few trail & error i got the solution and it is working fine now.