Ok I post a couple of days ago about my pearl was heating up. And ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2

BlackBerry Overheating

Advertisement

Ok I post a couple of days ago about my pearl was heating up. And some of the stackers here told me to buy a new battery so I did. It didn't fix the problem. It still heats up. When I put in the battery the hour glass comes on like normal then once it gets to the home screen the whole bottom part of the blackberry was very hot. From the where the ball is and down. It was hot it enough to burn my hand. How did this happen? Please give me advise on what to do. Everything runs fine on the blackberry its just that it overheats and drains the battery fast.
    Thank You

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Sounds like a short or something not grounding, maybe even the battery connectors!!

Is your device still under warranty? if so, take it in

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I had a razor V3 that did that a few years ago, it had a short in it and it died. I hope yours can be fixed. Sorry.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Sounds like a hardware failure beyond the scope of anything worth trying to figure out. If its still under warranty, get it swapped.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Yeah.....that sux!! and you definitely don't want that thing getting too hot where the battery can burst

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hardware defect!!! Happened to my last phone (Samsung SYNC) and I ended up returning it and then I upgraded to the pearl... Hope you get that fixed!

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    my phone wasn't under warranty
    so they told me to fix it for $200 or buy a new one for $200
    Is there a manual way to fix this since I got no other path??

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do you snowboard...if you do atleast you can still use it as a handwarmer...other than that if your warranty's gone thats about all your going to be using it for...

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    Instead of talking to your service provider, I would talk to RIM. Let's say you're using this phone, and the battery explodes and burns your face (I hope this wouldn't happen). Maybe I'm just delirious right now, but hardware warranty or not, they would probably have an issue on their hands, if not a lawsuit. Just talk to them, be really nice, and you may be able to get another one.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Forget being nice. Warranty or not this is a potentially dangerous situation. If by no fault of your own the above mentioned does happen and they were notified of the defect prior they are all but neglegant and partially if not fully liable. If they can prevent it and they CHOOSE not to given the chance they are liable.

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by saukrateaz View Post
    Forget being nice. Warranty or not this is a potentially dangerous situation. If by no fault of your own the above mentioned does happen and they were notified of the defect prior they are all but neglegant and partially if not fully liable. If they can prevent it and they CHOOSE not to given the chance they are liable.
    Amen!