Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

okay so i downloaded and tried this ColorPearl application for a few days now. it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Question Blackberry not working after ColorPearl install?

Advertisement

okay so i downloaded and tried this ColorPearl application for a few days now. it has been working great and lighting up my pearl nicely the last few days. however last night, my keypad and pearl stopped working. my screen display is lit up but i am unable to navigate or use my phone since my keypad and pearl stopped working. i had to switch phones bc i couldnt answer phone calls or send emails.

i was wondering if this was an isolated issue. i am thinking it may be due to downloading this application. i wanted to know if anyone else had this problem after installing this application.

if not, then i can attribute my blackberry problem to something else (maybe just defective on its own)

well let me know if anyone else had this problem.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry not working after ColorPearl install?

Quote Originally Posted by ct5694
    okay so i downloaded and tried this ColorPearl application for a few days now. it has been working great and lighting up my pearl nicely the last few days. however last night, my keypad and pearl stopped working. my screen display is lit up but i am unable to navigate or use my phone since my keypad and pearl stopped working. i had to switch phones bc i couldnt answer phone calls or send emails.

i was wondering if this was an isolated issue. i am thinking it may be due to downloading this application. i wanted to know if anyone else had this problem after installing this application.

if not, then i can attribute my blackberry problem to something else (maybe just defective on its own)

well let me know if anyone else had this problem.
    Have you tried a hard reset?

M0stBlunt3d no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ECB429

hmm, ive only had the color program for a day, i'd update u. Sounds isolated... battery pull?

PIN/ID
    n/a

i did a battery pull about ten times! nothing changed. the keypad/pearl still not responding. i may try to do a master reset/clear on my phone using Desktop Manager when i get home. i only have my Macbook until i get home from work. PC is at the house!

im wondering if anyone has a solution so i dont have to resort to a Master reset to resolve this problem. that would really suck to clear my phone.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

i did a battery pull about ten times! nothing changed. the keypad/pearl still not responding. i may try to do a master reset/clear on my phone using Desktop Manager when i get home. i only have my Macbook until i get home from work. PC is at the house!

im wondering if anyone has a solution so i dont have to resort to a Master reset to resolve this problem. that would really suck to clear my phone.
    When you get home just remove colorpearl from your pearl with the desktop manager. I really wish they would make a PTB and DM for macs becuase I have a macbook too!

iamrex no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f71b3c

Sorry to hear that, can you please update us, so i can uninstalled it if the colorpearl is a problem. Thanks
    iloveu

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    When you get home just remove colorpearl from your pearl with the desktop manager. I really wish they would make a PTB and DM for macs becuase I have a macbook too!
    that is a great idea GotPearl, i will definitely remove the program and see if anything changes. maybe my phone will start working.

i don't want to freak anyone out or anything re: the colorpearl prog bc i loved the application when my phone was working.. i just thought maybe the ColorPearl program is a variable into why my Blackberry has stopped responding. i will definitely post an update on this tonight on what happens.

thanks for all the quick replies by the way

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thread cleaned up...

PIN/ID
    n/a

thanks I7oobie for keeping Pinstack clean

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

It sounds like an isolated problem since I haven't heard anyone with a problem. I agree with GotPearl? to try and remove the program first before wiping everything clean. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    thanks I7oobie for keeping Pinstack clean
    No prob...

PIN/ID
    n/a

thanks ktorres1120. i will definitely post an update this afternoon when i get home from work.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

however last night, my keypad and pearl stopped working. my screen display is lit up but i am unable to navigate or use my phone since my keypad and pearl stopped working.
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, not caused by the ColorPearl install. No cause at all actually. It was just defective. I traded it in for a new one.
    Last edited by I7oobie; 04-22-2007 at 11:09 AM.

PIN/ID
    n/a

thanks tashacash for the info.

update! so i did remove the ColorPearl app and the issue is still occurring so i can firmly say now it is not a ColorPearl App problem at all. that is good news to me bcause i still want to use the app when i exchange my pearl with my company yay!

still sucky cause i have to wait for a replacement.

thanks for all the help today pinstackers

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

It sure does suck waiting for a replacement! But on the bright side, my replacement only took 3 days to get to me and that was with a delay in shipping. Good luck with your new one, mine seems to be running great (so far).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast