Okay, so i bought a used blackberry pearl and I love it. I had it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

purple14 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Nightmare Help Needed!!!

Advertisement

Okay, so i bought a used blackberry pearl and I love it. I had it for a couple weeks no problem. I had a few times that that trackball would get dirty (I assume) and it would not work for a few minutes then come back. Last week it decided to not scroll up and now I can't get it to scroll up at all. I took it to an att store and they cleaned it but it didn't fix it. I have resolved that it is software or something and it is just broken. Which isn't to awful i can still call and txt and get around the phone easy enough. But I turned the phone to silent mode for a movie (being an idiot) and now I can't turn that off. I have tried soft reseting and it didn't work. I need to have the sound back or it is useless. If someone would help me I would love you forever. I don't have the money to buy a new phone.

A shortcut would be great or if I just need to reload the thing I just need to know how. Please please please please help me.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK, to be clear. You have tried a battery pull with no luck? Sounds to me like it could be just a bad track ball or something going on with the operating system. Both are easy enough to fix. For the OS just check out the links in my blog and if you have any questions ask. If you have to get a new trackball it may take a few days but its fixable. What OS are you running now to find out go to. Options/about and it will be the 3rd line down.

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    have you tried taking the trackball out and cleaning it with rubbing alcohol? forums.pinstack.com/f78/trackball_cleaning_and_disassembly_w_pictures-38395/welcome to the stacks.
    Last edited by caboose06; 05-08-2009 at 02:12 AM.

I installed a newer os and i have my sound back. I am so happy it is like having a new phone!

I had tried cleaning the trackball and also taking out the battery for a bit and neither worked. So if you have any suggestions about the trackball that would be great. I did fin out that if you take out the trackball and flip it i can go up but not down. I don't know if that would help anyone figure it out.

Thank you again moderncowboy!

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    hmmm, sounds the the actual trackball is broke. you can order a new one from various places, or your local at&t store may have one handy(its worth a try)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    www.cnn.cn has trackballs really cheap and diff colors too.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    cherrichiodo, its crazy people pay for that even tho its a few ?, just get one of them paper cd case's and cut the plastic off there into a square and get a sharpie color it let it dry folder it color again let it try then u can put tape around it or not take off the ring/trackball and place it over the led light/lights and there u go, i did that with the trackball and keypad, but i would never pay for a track ball they just colored with a sharpie.

waste of money if u ask me

mjbrookerjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had same problems with my trackball, I just called my carrier and they sent me a new phone, I would suggest that LOL
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Purple you might try this thread. . sounds like you are @ witts end anyway.

Hope this helps . . .

thb
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Purple you might try this thread. . sounds like you are @ witts end anyway.

Hope this helps . . .

thb
    i already said that....-.-....

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Correct me if im wrong but i believe there are 2 parts the the trackball, and the other parts that sense the roller action, are on the board.. and i believe there are 4 of them , so it could be board problems

Your track ball is a button, and also spins little black rollers within, then sensors mounted on the main board of the phone actually read the roller movement. So sometimes dirt gets on your rollers or the ball, and cause one or the other to SLIP on each other, thus the roller not moving, thus activating the sensor.... yeah i guess you can get what i mean from that lol
    Last edited by rashard; 05-08-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

I got the new os and it works ok I am alright with the way it works I guess. I tried taking out the trackball and cleaning it. It did not work. The weird thing is if i turn the trackball upside down and it scrolled up but not down. I thought that was weird. Any advice?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have personally had the whole assembly on my dad's pearl replaced for 25 @ a local store. . . .

Hope this helps . . .

thbassman
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!