Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So this is my first Blackberry and while it is taking time to get use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ddn79 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Newbie Please help!

Advertisement

So this is my first Blackberry and while it is taking time to get use to all the new system (had a Motorola V600 for the past 2 years) so bear with me on some newb questions. :cry:

I have the t-mobile blackberry plan and trying to set up my email and internet do I have to go through tzones and pay the extra 5.99 or whatever they charge to get online? I thought it was built into the blackberry plan. Do I just hit agree and hope for the better that they don't bill me the 5.99 a month?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Blackberry Newbie Please help!

noo, you got to get a blackberry data plan throught t-mobile, not sure on the price with TM buts its alot more then 5.99. mine is 39.99 a month for unlimited email and internet with nextel, on top of my regular plan

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i hope i answered your question...

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Welcome to Blackberry and the Stacks!

My regular plan was 39.99 and the blackberry service was an additional 20 bucks or so. I just don't want to get charged with an additional fee.

Anothing thing that happened to me too was I couldn't get all my numbers transfered over to the new sim card. I guess I had my V600 set to where it would save it to the phone instead of the sim. When swapping sims, the new sim only transfered 4 numbers over, when we realize that all the other numbers were still on the old phone, we tried to copy all numbers onto the old sim card and then over to the new one. That didn't work. So what the people at T-Mobile had to do was to take my old sim and transfer it onto the blackberry itself. Is there anyway to move it from the phone to the new sim card? I have been looking and can't figure it out.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up Re: Blackberry Newbie Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by ddn79
    So this is my first Blackberry and while it is taking time to get use to all the new system (had a Motorola V600 for the past 2 years) so bear with me on some newb questions. :cry:

I have the t-mobile blackberry plan and trying to set up my email and internet do I have to go through tzones and pay the extra 5.99 or whatever they charge to get online? I thought it was built into the blackberry plan. Do I just hit agree and hope for the better that they don't bill me the 5.99 a month?
    No, you don't have to go through tzone, you just need to wait at least 48 hours before tmobile gets the account set up. I had the same issue when i tested the 8100 and was finally able to set up email accounts through the blackberry two days later, you should be able to log in from your home computer and set up your email accounts from there

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Get the Unlimited Data plan for $20.00 or $59.99 plan with 1000 min, unlimited text and data. That's what I have

ts
    ts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0A32

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have a link to that plan? That nearly $15 cheaper than my current plan.

BBschmuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E198CD

My plan was an additional $19.99 with T-Moble. And to answer about the e-mail issue, all you have to do is go to the e-mail setup icon under "applications", it will take you through the steps. Also, if you go to your address book, under the menu, there is an option to import your sim address book.

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

ddn79: Do you see the browser icon?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

pearlking no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21064EEE

Hello ddn79
    All you have to do is use your home pc and log onto Tmobile.com. Once you get there log onto mytmonile by entering your phone # and password. You can set your internet and email account here. All you have to do is click on the blackberry set up link. You should see a field where you can enter your desired email address or add existing email addresses. That should take care of the email part of it. Now to set up your browser all your have to do is click on send service books and your browser should appear on your phone within 1-5 mins. Hopefully this info is helpful.

serviceone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4014cd35

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~now as for transfering your contact to the sim card it is a very long process

BBschmuck, the numbers are saved to the phone right now, I would like to move them to the sim. The old sim out of my V600 is no longer good.

LGV2006, yes I do now have the browser icon since I upgraded to the BB plan.

ts, I have the get more plan with 600 min, most of my friends are on T-Mobile and I also have mobile to mobile which I use close to 2000 mins of a month. Just added on the blackberry unlimited add on.

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2

Instead of copying your address book into the SIM, an alternative could be to back up your BBerry data and also sync it to a PIM on your PC. Then, next time you change your phone, you can just sync the PIM data into your phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast