I got my lovely new 8130 PINK pearl today in the mail-Verizon. Loving and have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aclayman93 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Newbie-PC competent-patience required

Advertisement

I got my lovely new 8130 PINK pearl today in the mail-Verizon. Loving and have bluetooth and 3 e-mail addies already set up. I am trying to get it to sync with Outlook 2007 on my PC and am having a heck of a time. I have set it up as "blackberry internet" as I am a sole proprieter business owner and have no enterprise software or network server. I d/l latest 4.5 desktop manager and when I ask to sync applications, it says there are "no applications to sync"...when I click "add applications" it says " no applications to add.

Is sync-ing Outlook to my Pearl when I am just a single user an impossibility? Any help you can provide would be great.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack!

You need to configure your DM to synch with Outlook.

Start up the DM, clock on Synchronize, click on Configuration, Configure Synch. Here is where it will prompt you on how and what you want to Synch. I don't have my device connected right now, so am not sure what to look for, but take a look in there and it should be self-explanatory from there on.

Hope this helps and please post back if you have more questions.

Roger

aclayman93 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile You dah bess

Well, that worked beautifully. And was easy. and makes me feel as if I ought to have a big "L" on my forehead. I got a lot of repeat address book entries, but I can deal with that.

Now, next silly questions: ( my new year's resolution was to not say "stupid" as I have a 2 year old and don't want her saying it.)

How do I configure the browser to go online AND
    How do I begin d/l-ing media...ringtones and themes and music and.....?

Thanks for your speedy response.

Amy

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    You are not the only one who's tried to sync something that wasn't there yet lol