Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I used HP for about 6 years before going BB. I had many problems with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

#1 BBFreak no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BlackBerry Needs Touch-screen Capability - Discuss

Advertisement

I used HP for about 6 years before going BB. I had many problems with the screens needing to be recalibrated almost daily, having to press the buttons extra hard after a while just for it to be recognized and many more to go.

Swiss Admiral no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by #1 BBFreak
    I used HP for about 6 years before going BB. I had many problems with the screens needing to be recalibrated almost daily, having to press the buttons extra hard after a while just for it to be recognized and many more to go.
    Over six years? Mate, sounds like a bad-batch or a built-in design flaw.

Never had any of these issues with mine.

PS: I've never used HP, only HTC.
    Last edited by Swiss Admiral; 09-12-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Additional info
    "So tell me, what gave away the fact that I'm a Luddite?"

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."

#1 BBFreak no está en línea Stack level 2

May have been HP but my company had a deal with them. "That could have been th problem", lol.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i personally don't want touch screen BB. It means more scrapes/scratches on the screen

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea no touch screen its not efficient enough for me. My buddy has a iphone and half the time it won't register the touch and half the time it will recognize some other touch.

Remember RIM is a business company first. Catering to the corporate world mostly.I don't think it fits well into it. Just my thoughts.

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

I used Palm devices for 7 years before my first 'Berry a few months ago. I never had any troubles with scratches on the touch screens, or with calibration, or any other screen failures. And I used to, uh, 'set' my Treo on the floor of my truck whenever I dropped a call. *cough*cingular

Notwithstanding that rather stellar record, I came to hate the touchscreen. I pocket devices, and there's too much that can go wrong there. I was always paranoid that I would bend just wrong, flex the device, and hose the screen. I had plenty of co-workers who shattered screens, or who had dead spots, or just complete failures. Maybe they 'set' their phones down like I did, and they just had bad luck - who knows.

Anyway, I like that I never have to worry about the screen on my 'Berry - at least not in the same way as I did when I used Palm devices.

For input, I cannot stand soft keyboards. They're just too slow. And Graffiti - whether 1 or 2 - comes close but it also doesn't match mini keyboard speeds for me. I will wait and enter long notes with my PC anyway, but I need to get my thoughts out somewhat quickly and the BB keys work great for me.

I certainly would be curious to see a Berry with a touch screen, if for no other reason than to see how RIM would implement it. Most everything they do is positively rock solid.

Swiss Admiral no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: BlackBerry Needs Touch-screen Capability - Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187

Yea no touch screen its not efficient enough for me. My buddy has a iphone and half the time it won't register the touch and half the time it will recognize some other touch.
    You've actually hit upon one of the things the iPhone needs to do things properly - get a stylus! Like I say, I'm in no rush to get an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Remember RIM is a business company first. Catering to the corporate world mostly.I don't think it fits well into it. Just my thoughts.
    Appriecate that mate, but maybe we work in different businesses - where I work folks don't want to be seen as a 'CrackBerry', or be seen 'MasturBerrying' or seen at 'BlackBerry Prayer'...or perceived as a 12 year old school girl SMS'ing away like a demon.

And, when all is said and done, the only reason anyone prefers a keyboard (on any BB) as opposed to a touch-screen is that RIM haven't yet delivered any BB product with touch-screen technology.

Can any of you honestly say that you'd ditch you BB if they moved away from keyboards and embraced touch-screen?

Honestly?.....
    "So tell me, what gave away the fact that I'm a Luddite?"

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea if they moved to a touch screen I would give it a whirl. I'm not a business person and this is for personal use so I wouldn't mind but the interface would need to be improved. Just not precise enough for me.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

I don't think touchscreens are a good thing when you're on the go. I've tried to type on various touchscreen devices and believe me is a pain in the rear.
    The other day I tried the tmo wing and got a headache trying to hit the close x.
    But as its been said its a matter of preferences, I would love if berries would stay old school. I love the keypad on my pearl.

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86

No thanks, I prefer my key pad.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I think BB would do well with the personal consumer market if they had a touch-screen BB. Same as they have done with the Pearl, RIM attracted so many more females and personal consumers when they introduced the Pearl and that was a large, untapped marked for them.

However, I would not prefer a touch-screen device. If I did, I would get an iPhone. One of the big complaints with the iPhone is you have no sense of where your fingers are on the screen. I am so comfortable with my 8703e and know where the keys are without looking, which is very beneficial when I'm driving (yes, usually with my knee ). I would not be able to do this with a full touch-screen. I would also just purchase a Treo or something like that if the touch-screen was of any importance to me.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12