Ok so I've been using my blackberry pearl now for about 2 months or so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pyne11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Messenger Troubles

Advertisement

Ok so I've been using my blackberry pearl now for about 2 months or so and I began to add a couple friends on my BB Messenger. The only thing is that when I add my other friends' PIN's they don't get my request and vise versa. I really want to know what is going on! Can someone pleasseee help me! Thanks

-Pyne11

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    You do have a blackberry plan, right? (you need to for most of the features of the BB to be used). By the way, if you add contacts via their e-mail address (rather than pin), then you don't have to re-add each other when you change to a new BlackBerry.
    You can also add yourself to your BB Messenger contact list - that way you can ensure your own service is working.

saoirsegreene no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does a Blackberry Plan equal internet access or just messaging? Because I don't have the internet plan, which for AT&T is 30 dollars extra a month, but I definitely have Text Messaging.

Thanks in advance.

Ah, that would explain it. No, you have to get a blackberry plan to use blackberry messenger - it's not an SMS/MMS messaging client.

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    im having the exact same issue! sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. ive even tried hard resets a couple of times. maybe we need to update to the latest version of messenger?

Well, you're not having the exact same issue (as, if you don't have a blackberry plan, it won't work at all)

You need to isolate the circumstances that it isn't working. Maybe write down if it's specific contacts you're having problems messaging, coverage issues, etc. You can also add yourself to your BB Messenger (this lets you know if your device and your connection to the service are working ok). If you can pin yourself ok, but you're having issues pinning someone else, then there's an issue at their end.