this is gonna sound confusing to sum (if not all) but here goes..... -im gonna ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

blackberry messenger is freaking me out man!!!

Advertisement

this is gonna sound confusing to sum (if not all) but here goes.....

-im gonna try to make this as easy as possible

lets say i only have 3 friends on my BBM

- friend A, friend B and friend C

one day i get a message from friend A. it comes up as friend A on BBM...so we begin to talk, but it turns out its friend C

i never changed any settings or changed a name or pin or anything

so friend C's display name is currently coming up as friend A. meanwhile, when i try to contact friend A, i get no response.

i then text friend A who says they have not received a message from me all day. friend A also mentions that im coming up as if im on a call (on call icon) on BBM when i clearly wasnt

so friend C tells me that they have recently changed their PIN. but i never got a new pin request from them or anything..

i BBM friend C, under the name friend C is supposed to be under and i get no response, it goes to the on call icon almost instantly.

so friend C was deleted and re-requested and now friend C is coming up as friend C.

then i deleted friend A and re-requested and now friend A comes up as friend A.

so as of now, everythins is back to normal....but you can imagine the confusion this brought

this problem has happen b4...where 2 pins are sharing the same name...but i let it go n didnt think nuthing of it

now it happened again n i wanna know why..

why did that happen? wuts wrong with BBM?
    has anyone else experienced this?
    wuts your opinion on this matter?

anything anyone could add to this thread would be helpful...

thanx in advanced

if you need more info...let me know

(PS: friend B gets no love!lol)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sounds to me like just a weird quirk in your BBM install. If it doesn't correct itself you might just simply try to uninstall it and then reload it from the app loader. I know that would make me crazy. What if you said something to friend A that you never wanted friend C read...lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    im gonna have to go with cowboy's answer. BBM is in need of a resfresh on your BB lol

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Just be glad you werent talking trash about C to A when it was really C! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually you might just delete the BBM service books first and resend see if that does it. Sorry didn't think to add that first

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Another possible scenario is that maybe you inadvertently got yourself in a group chat or something.

PIN/ID
    ask
    First off....I'm glad all of you understood wut I was saying...lol.

Second..thanx for all the advice, I think I'll resend the books

...yeah..this couldve potentially been an ugly situation if it where other ppl involved n the wrong things were said...wow...sorta, kinda dodged a bullet there! Lol

Again...thanx stackers!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hope its that simple. If not I would still try the uninstall reinstall.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bberry999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is scrary guys. Is there a possibilty of a third person c when A &B are chatting and C is not invited to the Discussion. Also is there a possibilty of C being able to get discussion of B on his system ???? have a doubt so please can confirm clear this!!!!

PIN/ID
    ask
    i really hope not...that will suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from my experiences....nuthing like that has happened...just wut i mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by bberry999 View Post
    This is scrary guys. Is there a possibilty of a third person c when A &B are chatting and C is not invited to the Discussion. Also is there a possibilty of C being able to get discussion of B on his system ???? have a doubt so please can confirm clear this!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've noticed something interesting when I'm chatting with someone.

You know how you can see if the person you're talking with is typing a message in reply? I've also noticed that when I'm in a conversation with one person, I can see that another person is also typing a message and they're not typing it to me. Does that make sense? Weird.

Lyleez no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had a similar situation. Except when I attempted to delete and re add it wouldn't let me. I couldn't delete but accept once again. But I have had several issues with my Pearl and ATT can't even fix it, so I assumed it was my phone.