Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by nrwilk No. The phone itself needs the GPS unit to be able ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wranglersm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: blackberry maps & google maps

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nrwilk View Post
    No. The phone itself needs the GPS unit to be able to display its location in real time. Software cannot remedy that.

The 8100 does not have a GPS unit. So, no map software can give it real-time capabilities. For that you need a bluetooth GPS unit.

Sorry!
    With the new Google Maps the program actually can get a "close enough" GPS position of where you are. It uses the GPS technology in your phone that locates itself within the cell to get you a position within 5000 meters. Granted, it's not going to show you where you are standing directly, but if you get lost in the woods....

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    With the new Google Maps the program actually can get a "close enough" GPS position of where you are. It uses the GPS technology in your phone that locates itself within the cell to get you a position within 5000 meters. Granted, it's not going to show you where you are standing directly, but if you get lost in the woods....
    Just tried mine and it says I'm within 1700 meters (over 5500 feet, or roughly over a mile). Good enough for free service, I'd say!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Google maps does the same thing from the address book and actually moves your location on your bb as you are traveling, that's the closest to GPS that I have found

bb8800giofru no está en línea Stack level 1
    where is the link??

pitaprod no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help me please :-(

Can you use Google Maps if you don't have a data plan? I downloaded the googlemaps.jad file to my Pearl and it loads 10% then an error message pops up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123