Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Maybe a stupid question and maybe it was asked before but how does the blackberry ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry maps & google maps

Advertisement

Maybe a stupid question and maybe it was asked before but how does the blackberry maps already installed in the pearl work? Also what are the differences between blackberry maps and google. maps? Is it like a hand hand gps in the palm of your hand? If someone can explain this me i would really appreciate it.Thanks.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: blackberry maps & google maps

Quote Originally Posted by bustinstugot
    Is it like a hand hand gps in the palm of your hand?
    No, the 8100 does not have GPS. Its just like google maps with directions to and from locations. You can pair a GPS unit via Bluetooth.

zukutu no está en línea Stack level 2

My BB maps never work since I got it, even though I have my data plan.
    The map picture never shows up.
    And also, the version that comes with the new pearl is 1.0.52, it is newer that the firmware that T-Mobile has on their website (which is 1.0.48).
    Any solution to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

feelmaroon no está en línea Stack level 2

the maps are different in the sense that the bb maps are good for walking maps because they show detailed street maps instantly without needing to magnify at all (ex: if you're lost or walking around foreign streets in the us or simply in a different area of town). every sidestreet of manhattan is on it. i live downtown and checked. solid. zukutu, go to menu and click on "GO TO" then type in a specific address. i thought the same thing till i did that and got it to work fine. now i have central points in la, san fran, boston, chi and here in nyc so i'll never get lost walking in any city every again. you just hold it and slide the trackball any which way and it shows you where you are and where you're going or where you can go. (btw, good to have google maps too for the larger city maps). seriously, the bb map one touch is the sleeper function of the pearl. i got 9 sitcoms fully functional on my microsd card too. the 3 years of developing this phone paid off.

inspector no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

inspector no está en línea Stack level 2

Can you install and use this BB maps that you guys talking about on BB 8700 G. ?

ROSCOE no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you have to have the data access plan for the maps to work, or is it pre-loaded on the phone? I don't need internet access for my phone and I don't feel like spending $20 a month for a map.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

IMHO googlemaps whip Blackberry Maps hands down. Already deleted BB Maps off of my device because it was just wasting space.

zukutu no está en línea Stack level 2

I like to keep my BB Maps, because you can just insert any address from your contact list.

ROSCOE no está en línea Stack level 1

If I don't have the internet access service on my phone, will the Blackberry maps still work?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

No...You need to have a data plan.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Quote Originally Posted by zukutu
    I like to keep my BB Maps, because you can just insert any address from your contact list.
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread - I googled the topic and found your reply. I tried BB Maps today (albeit on an 8703e) and it refused to see the City and ST from the Contact and therefore couldn't map the address. Something I'm missing? I'm not looking for the disabled GPS - just a map of a contact address.
    PIN: 303150C7

burgy77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Anyone have problems with directions given from BB Maps? The route it gave me when I was going to downtown Chicago was vastly different than what I was use to driving. I checked Google Earth's directions and it was much better. So possibly that could be another reason to use Google Maps over BB. Just my 2 cents though.

BBdrummer no está en línea Stack level 2

BBdrummer no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, I have noticed that BB maps have kinda screwy directions while google maps was perfect. However, when I had google maps on my pearl, strange things started to happen (aka all sounds stopped working and had to do a batt pull) so I freaked and removed the app from my BB. Anybody else have similar experiences? I'd really like to reinstall google maps, but I fear the glitches... any thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast