So I recently got a pearl with no BB connect. The reason I did not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

arriagameister no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry maps

Advertisement

So I recently got a pearl with no BB connect. The reason I did not get the BB connect is because I have an 8525 with media max and wanted to see which one I liked better since you can't interchange data packages. I know without BB connect I can't have emails delivered or mms or access the browser. I was looking through my applications and saw blackberry maps, now i clicked it hopping to see nothing because I figured it ran off the internet and I was surprised to see that I was actually able to pull up a map. I know that with BB there is no pay per use feature so how was I able to view it. Is the limitations of the BB connect plan only to email and the BB browser and as long as you have some tipe of internet package you are able to do BBmaps or i should just stop using the Map feature in order to avoid a per usage bill? Thanks for feed back.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Blackberry maps

Quote Originally Posted by arriagameister
    So I recently got a pearl with no BB connect. The reason I did not get the BB connect is because I have an 8525 with media max and wanted to see which one I liked better since you can't interchange data packages. I know without BB connect I can't have emails delivered or mms or access the browser. I was looking through my applications and saw blackberry maps, now i clicked it hopping to see nothing because I figured it ran off the internet and I was surprised to see that I was actually able to pull up a map. I know that with BB there is no pay per use feature so how was I able to view it. Is the limitations of the BB connect plan only to email and the BB browser and as long as you have some tipe of internet package you are able to do BBmaps or i should just stop using the Map feature in order to avoid a per usage bill? Thanks for feed back.
    Where are you from? I know that all carriers keep records of activity. I mean they could just cut you off or they could just charge you. Although I'm not sure if they could tell the difference between your 8525 and your BB. Usually you need the BB data plan to view BB maps. I would be careful since you wouldn't want to get billed for it.

I know there was a loophole with the TMO network and you could set your TCP/APN and have Opera Mini work along with a couple of other applications. I do believe that has been closed though. Maybe that could be the case?

Hope this helps

arriagameister no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry, Im in Cingular. I have read that blackberries wont access online unless you have a data plan I have a data plan but it is not the apropiate one for the BB.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by arriagameister
    Sorry, Im in Cingular. I have read that blackberries wont access online unless you have a data plan I have a data plan but it is not the apropiate one for the BB.
    Yea, if you have a data plan and are paying for data, even though it's not with the BB I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I'm not sure though.