I got my Blackberry Pearl (or "my precious" as i like to call it) a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hypnotiq510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF1A95

Smile Blackberry/Laptop Poblem

Advertisement

I got my Blackberry Pearl (or "my precious" as i like to call it) a couple of days ago. I love every moment with it but I noticed something while I was connecting my precious to my laptop. I connected fine and rested my precious on the keyboard and I heard some sounds like static or something. I'm not sure what it is. I'm concerned about this because I don't want anything to happen to my precious.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm sorry to post if there is an obvious explanation to why this happens but I've never experienced this before.

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

Re: Blackberry/Laptop Poblem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I get it when my BB 7105t is to close to the computer as well. I think it is the closenes to the elictrical commponets that is causing feedback through your bb speaker.

niknyce no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotiq510
    I got my Blackberry Pearl (or "my precious" as i like to call it) a couple of days ago. I love every moment with it but I noticed something while I was connecting my precious to my laptop. I connected fine and rested my precious on the keyboard and I heard some sounds like static or something. I'm not sure what it is. I'm concerned about this because I don't want anything to happen to my precious.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm sorry to post if there is an obvious explanation to why this happens but I've never experienced this before.
    --
    this is most likely your wireless, since you are resting precious on the keyboard it is close to the built-in card and when your sound is on, you will hear static whenever there is cellular activity between the phone and the network.

move the phone away when doing syncs/connections and see if this remedies it.

Regards,

NN

hypnotiq510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF1A95

Thanks for your responses. I'm definitly not putting it on my laptop again. I was just wondering what kind of effects this does to a phone.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

What is happening is the result of RF and inshielded speakers.

Your BlackBerry is constantly sending bursts of data, even when you're not actively using it. When it is communicating with the network, it is doing so with RF (radio frequency), because your laptop speakers are not shielded properly or at all, they are susceptable to RFI (radio frequency interference).

This is the fault of poorly shielded (aka cheap) electronics; it is not the fault of the BlackBerry.

Nothing "bad" will happend. But you will hear the buzzing noises through speakers.

Just move your BlackBerry further away to reduce the level of RF being exposed to your laptop.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Blackberry/Laptop Problem

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotiq510
    Thanks for your responses. I'm definitely not putting it on my laptop again. I was just wondering what kind of effects this does to a phone.
    Does not hurt anything, unless you had the volume so loud and you blew out a speaker. But that only happens rarely and typically on home stereo systems where someone blows out a speaker because the bass is high and the volume is ...... I digress, never mind.

Basically though, you ever notice on many devices there are FCC stickers saying that the device complies with certain specifications and restrictions set by the FCC.

This is because just about anything electrical gives off radio wave. In fact, if you have your computer set up, a sound system, mice, keyboard, monitor, TV, DVD player, VCR, modems, printers, adapters, wall clock, lamps, etc. there is so many radio wave transmissions that without proper shielding your ears would burst with all the static noise. And all your stuff would act crazy.

So all you did when putting the phone next to the PC is amplify the sound of the PC to the speaker in the Pearl.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

I like when I leave my blackberry next to my PC monitor and the screen goes crazy everytime a call/email/instantmessage comes in.