Hi..has anyone been able to use the Internet Browser on the Pearl..so far i have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ravikash no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile BlackBerry Internet Browser in Pearl

Advertisement

Hi..has anyone been able to use the Internet Browser on the Pearl..so far i have only seen the BlackBerry Browser icon...and iam not able to view certain websites coz of the BlackBerry Browser uses our company firewall...

I have sent the service books from the provisioning web site after making sure that the BlackBerry is provisioned for Internet Browsing...still no luck..

any bright ideas?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Make sure you have a data plan for 19.99 included with your service plan. U might also want to try disabling your firewall or setting it up with a permission to access the web. Sorry, I just didnt have this problem so cant be very specific. Im sure someone will be here to help you.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you are on BES, the BlackBerry Browser is for intranet, and the Internet Browser is for internet.

Verify that you are selecting the Internet Browser to surf outside your company's network.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    And make sure that your BES Admin has not set an IT Policy prohibiting the use of the Internet Brownser. Do you have vodafone browser (WAP) or just the BlackBerry (MDS) Browser?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ravikash no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BlackBerry Internet Browser in Pearl

Actually when going to options->advanced options ->browser, when we try to change the default browser from BlackBerry Browser, there isnt any Internet browser there. usually both of them are available. I have tried sending the service books from the Provisioning site as well as from the BES server... still no luck..

the last resort i had to take was to wipe out, upgrade the handheld os(the DOD root option was unticked so selected it) and did a fresh activation...to my surprise, i got it working...now both the Browsers are there...

looks like wen we bought the handhelds from Australia, they didnt load the internet browser option....

could there have been any other possibilites apart from reloading and doing everything again?

anyways, thanks guys for ur suggestions...