Okay So My Friend Sold Me His Blackberry Pearl 8100 and He Told Me That ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

manolo_mnz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Blackberry Help Needed!

Advertisement

Okay So My Friend Sold Me His Blackberry Pearl 8100 and He Told Me That He Didnt Know If It Worked Or Not. So I Got It and Charged It, When I Plugged It In All It Did Was The LED Light Flashed Red and Then Turned Off. So That Didnt Work I Then Plugged It In To My Computer and It Did The Same Thing Except This Time The Screen Turned On With a Blank Screen For About 2 Seconds and Then Turned Off. I Kept On Connecting and Disconnecting It Until Finally a Screen Appeared With a Hourglass, After 2 Minutes I Was At The Blackberry Home Screen. I Left It Plugged In and It Fully Charged, Then I Disconnected It and It Stayed On. I Found One Problem...Whenever I Take Out The Battery The Same Thing Happens. Now I Dont Want To Have To Keep On Connecting and Disconnecting It For a Billion Times So That It Can Turn On. Does Anyone Have Any Ideas Or Suggestions? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Blackberry Help Needed!

Reloading the Software on the device is the best option. What company did it come from ?
    Last edited by pda.teck; 12-18-2007 at 02:02 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

This should be the latest version for the 8100: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ilanguage.html
    After installing, delete the vendor.xml and it should update the device. The thread should have all the info to update.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

You will also Need the Desk top manager if you don't have it. You have to install the DTM first, Make sure you Choose internet service on the intergration options page unless you are sure you are on a BES, If you are not it will cause problems later. after it is installed, close it and install the Hand held softwear from the link above ^^^^, at the end of that it will ask you to open the DTM, click on App Loader in the DTM hit next at the connection screen plug in the 8100, if it dosn't see it, then while pluged in pull the battery and put it back in. It should see it at that piont. then fisnish running apploader. If this fails the device maybe a loss
    Last edited by pda.teck; 12-18-2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling, typing too fast LOL
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

manolo_mnz no está en línea Stack level 2

It Came From Cingular, Thanks I Will Try Your Ideas!