Heya Guys, All of a sudden tonight when i just went to text my girlfriend ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

countrysurf no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry gone Nuts! Trouble

Advertisement

Heya Guys,

All of a sudden tonight when i just went to text my girlfriend my keyboard on my blackberry pearl went nuts i was typing and it wasnt typing any of he letters i wanted and id press number 2 or 3 to dial a number and the number would appear along with 3 or 4

its entering stuff im not asking for

is my phone broken?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Blackberry gone Nuts! Trouble

try a batt pull
    phone on batt out 30 sec then back in should do the trick
    let us know how it goes
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

already tryed it but didnt work, will do it again now for a little longer.

my old fone used o do this, thought blackberry were different...could it be a faulty keyboard?

i type letters and it will wok then freeze and then type letters and numbers and figers i dont want for example heyya wayfvnjdjdj lol

bad example but u get what i mean:S

bit worried to be honest guys..

anyone else experienced this?

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well if you can then try dismantling it. Use canned air and it should help. Also, put your phone off for a while and keep near a light bulb for about 5 min.the rays will evaporate if there be any unnoticed moisture.

That should help.

Will do this for deffo..... My Phone worked perfectly fine earlier then all of a sudden t just went like this so i don't know what is going on...

I press the numbers 567 and it will put 76 56 together if i press either one....if i press the tracker ball it is stopped working now and when i does if i select say "advanced options" themes will appear... so i select one thing the phone chooses another...

would this be a software glitch?

If so how can i reformat my phone to factory settings?

could anyone else help me please?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Did dismantling and cleaning it (along with the resets) help?

To wipe the Pearl, go to Options>Settings>Security Options>General Settings>Wipe Handheld. Then reload the OS you had on it. Re-register the BB on the network by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now. This will re-register the handheld on the network. Pull the battery out. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds and then reinsert the battery.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-27-2007 at 03:46 AM.

TJSJ no está en línea Stack level 1

I got exactly the same problem< it just developed a life of its own> First the menu key then the reollerball< its like you are double tapping> I can get round most of it but it really makes it unusable going forward. I had the battery out for 2 hours but this has not solved the problem> More info gratefully received as to what the likely cause of the problem or back to the 02 store in the UK. This will be the fourth BB in 2 months, I had the delay to voice on answerign the phone on the first three!

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

My pearl did this like a week ago. Called T-mobile they were gonna send me another one. Called a hour or two later and cancelled phone being sent. I just pulled the battery out let it sit for awhile and it went back to normal. I also went from os 66 back to 64 just in case it was that.

TJSJ no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine seems to have come back to life, did a battery pull, could have been moisture or diet under the keyaxl will keep you all posted