I have a Pearl through AT&T right now, but I am going to be adding ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

caughron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EE8CAB

Blackberry family plans?

Advertisement

I have a Pearl through AT&T right now, but I am going to be adding a line soon and getting a second pearl, my question is, does AT&T/Cingular or any other carrier offer a 'family' plan for Blackberries; it just seems ridiculous to pay $40 ($80 total obviously) each so we can both have an unlimited data connection. I have searched AT&T's website and haven't found anything which is the only reason I am asking; I am hoping I am just overlooking it.

I have been looking at Sprint and Verizon's Pearls as well.

Thanks in advance,
    Gary

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Blackberry family plans?

Unfortunately I have not seen any carrier that has a group BB plan. There are companies that have minutes, BB service and messaging bundled but only individually. Sorry. Only suggestion i would have is to shop around for BB service. Don't know what coverage is like in your area but Tmobile has BB service for 19.99.

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've never seen one either. My Blackberry is on a family plan with T-Mobile, but my phone is the only one with the internet plan. The other phones are RAZR's. As Eddie_gauge just mentioned, the $19.99 per month per BB with T-Mo is probably the best you can do.

roc383 no está en línea Stack level 1

Interesting to see someone else looking at this as well. I was just in an AT&T store a day ago. The store manager was helping me, and I don't believe what she told me, but I will find out when I actually go to act on what she told me - and wrote down for me. I currently have an 8800 with data only. My wife wants either a Pearl or an 8300, and will be switching over from Verizon. Of course she wants a calling plan and data. The store manager said that my best bet was to get a family plan, even though I dont use voice. She suggested upgrading my line to the Family Talk 550 for $59.99, then adding my wife as a second line. She said my existing unlimited data for $39.99 would apply to both lines and the total bill would be $100/month less taxes, etc. Otherwise, if I stayed with just data and got my wife a seperate plan, the total bill would over-all be higher, which makes sense. But, I also can't find anywhere on the AT&T site where this scenario seems possible. I bet when I go back to try to get this, they tell me I missunderstood, or they made a mistake, or something. I asked her twice and even had her write it down, so it will be interesting.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

that might be true since the data plans through at&t are 29.99 unlimited with no teathering so maybe they did come up with the 39.99 family one doubt it but never know. keep us posted i would like to know how you make out

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

My Wife and I are with Verizon and both have 8830's. We pay a little over $200 a month for our Berries. That is more than my first car payment when I was a young'n. Dang it, I can't quit you BlackBerry.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~TMO doesn't do Blackberry or data plans under family plans. At least it's only $19.99 per phone. Too bad phone to phone text is not added. My sons would use text more than data. I would apply the cost of the text plan to a family data plan. At least TMO lowered their data plan and their family plan is better than the other carriers.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

If you both people have Berries, and have data, you can PIN them instead of text

As for Verizon, it is the most expensive carrier in the US. I suggest going with TMO for Blackberry service. It is by far the best competitively priced.

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I would agree with that. In our case of the 3 phones on my plan only one is a BB. I would consider getting BB for my teen sons but they would text their friends withot BBs. Guess there is no perfect plan.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah hate to see it. That person from att was on crack cause att has never offered such a plan. Must be a newbie. As far as other carriers none that I have have such a thing. But Tmobile is the carrier with the cheapest blackberry data plans~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~