So I just got my new 8100 about a week ago. I signed up through ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

brabla10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Email Problem

Advertisement

So I just got my new 8100 about a week ago. I signed up through T-Mobile to the unlimited email service. I can't get it to work. Here's pretty much everything that's going on/ things I've tried:

I can't receive a PIN message I send to myself. It has a red X and says service blocked.

When I try to compose an email through the message icon, it says "No message services configured. You will only be able to save draft."

I can receive SMS/MMS messages.

I've deleted/re-sent the service books multiple times. I have registered the device through the Host Routing Table. I've done a hard reset multiple times.

In the "message services" folder in advanced options, nothing is there.

One thing I read is that some phones can have IT restrictions put on them, but my phone was bought brand new (albeit from ebay and not through T-mobile), so how could my phone have restrictions on it if it's brand new?

ANY suggestions are much appreciated. This has been such a huge headache for me!

I've contacted T mobile multiple times and they just tell me to "wait a couple of days for the service to kick in" since they have tried resetting it a couple of times. I wait the required time for the service to kick in, and it never works!

Also, if all else fails, do I have a chance of getting a new Pearl directly from T-mobile if I got it from Ebay?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Braba, Sorry your having such issues, As for rplacing it with T-mobile, unless you bought it from T-mobile they will not replace it. As for the mail issues, you signed up for mail at T-mobile.com right? and when you did this you got a notification of the account being set up? as for the IT restrictions, yes it is possible, if the person that had it before was on a BES the restrictions may still be there, check in Options>SEcurity>General settings, scrool down to Services and see if any are listed, IF so there are acouple ways to get those off. But we will cover that if you need it.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Hi Braba, Sorry your having such issues, As for rplacing it with T-mobile, unless you bought it from T-mobile they will not replace it. As for the mail issues, you signed up for mail at T-mobile.com right? and when you did this you got a notification of the account being set up? as for the IT restrictions, yes it is possible, if the person that had it before was on a BES the restrictions may still be there, check in Options>SEcurity>General settings, scrool down to Services and see if any are listed, IF so there are acouple ways to get those off. But we will cover that if you need it.

Yes, I signed up through T-mobile.com for the unlimited service. I did get a notification telling me the service has been applied to my account. I went to the security tab and there are no services listed.

Just to make it a little more complicated... The first time I had the service added, I at least got a new icon to set up internet email. Since T-mobile re-added the service, the icon isn't even there now.

Something additional I noticed is that there is no CMIME service (I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not) and there is no active BES on my phone. Thanks for the quick reply.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by brabla10 View Post
    Yes, I signed up through T-mobile.com for the unlimited service. I did get a notification telling me the service has been applied to my account. I went to the security tab and there are no services listed.

Just to make it a little more complicated... The first time I had the service added, I at least got a new icon to set up internet email. Since T-mobile re-added the service, the icon isn't even there now.

Something additional I noticed is that there is no CMIME service (I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not) and there is no active BES on my phone. Thanks for the quick reply.
    Are you showing EDGE under the Signal meter? You could try pulling the battery too. WHen was the service added back on? We have had some issues with BB accounts set up after 04/07/08, it is an interface issues between RIM and TMO, sign in to t-mobile.com, click on Set up blackberry email on the bottom left and see if it lets you approve you PIN and shows you your e-mail accounts, if it gives you the "we aresorry an error has acurred" you can call t-mobile and have a Help desk ticket filed.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-17-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Are you showing EDGE under the Signal meter? You could try pulling the battery too. WHen was the service added back on? We have had some issues with BB accounts set up after 04/07/08, it is an interface issues between RIM and TMO, sign in to t-mobile.com, click on Set up blackberry email on the bottom left and see if it lets you approve you PIN and shows you your e-mail accounts, if it gives you the "we aresorry an error has acurred" you can call t-mobile and have a Help desk ticket filed.

Yes, I have EDGE, in upper case letters. I have tried pulling the batter and SIM card a few times as well, and sending the service books from T-mobile while the batter is in and while out.

The first time I added it was probably exactly a week ago. It never worked, so I had it added again yesterday, and it's been over 24 hours since the last time. I went to Tmo.com and it lets me set up email addresses, I re-entered my PIN and IMEI and both were accepted again.

So could it be a T mobile issue? Should I just wait to see if it gets fixed? I'm starting to think that's the case since the seal wasn't broken and it wasn't used (you could just tell it's brand new). Or is it possible the phone came manufactured with the blocks on it?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    As of this time I would just wait, when you re-add a service, it reset the provistioing clock back to 0 so you have another 24 before a Help desk ticket can be done, but if after the 24 it is not call and have one done.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

keebler no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i bought the data plan and I get notices only from 1 of 2 of my e-mail accounts. And I can't send e-mail it says I can only save as draft... Can anyone help me I don't know anything about a pin I just checked it and bought it.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Have you taken it to a tmo store and had them check it out? Its easier to trouble shoot if you have the actual phone in your hands.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the help everyone... After waiting the time required, still nothing showed up. So I gave T-mobile a call, and finally got some help!

They reset me on the network, and now my email service is working (FINALLY) just fine. Not sure why they didn't do this earlier, but the bottom line is that it works now.

So if anyone's having a similar problem, just keep calling until you get it fixed, I guess.