Well hi to all now this is very strange i was installing Blackberry desktop 4.2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry desktop 4.2 sp2 detected as TROJAN WORM

Advertisement

Well hi to all now this is very strange i was installing Blackberry desktop 4.2 sp2 in windows vista on my macbook pro in a parrallels desktop window , and kaspersky internet security which is set on very low settings flagged the file setup.exe as a TROJAN WORM , now this file was dowloaded directly from the blackberry downloads section , so i find it very strange , as i installed the same file on my pc in vista with the same kaspersky internet security and it never flagged anything , how bizare ????? any thoughts guys and gals

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

Re: Blackberry desktop 4.2 sp2 detected as TROJAN WORM

Mac is very touchy with installing programs, I personally do not have one, but one of my friends that is a developer does. He has seen it with a few programs that he was installing. Mac has a bit better security, looks for different things then a windows based.

Did it let you over ride and istall it?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Maybe there's a certain subroutiine or procedure from the install program that looks like it's trying to do something underhanded. The DM is a complex program and it may be a little misunderstood by the security program which is looking for signatures of a specific virus. But a weird situation indeed.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Maybe there's a certain subroutiine or procedure from the install program that looks like it's trying to do something underhanded. The DM is a complex program and it may be a little misunderstood by the security program which is looking for signatures of a specific virus. But a weird situation indeed.
    yep i must agree with both of you as i even had a heck of a hard time installing DM on vista in a parallels window it seemed to take forever but it eventually let me overide it , as for the pc with vista on it , same time frame it took ages to initiate the install then it installed but did not seem great to me , i did not fancy trying to do an upgrade in vista so i put xp back on my pc , vista is very very buggy . stick with xp for the moment guys