My blackberry is deleting text messages automatically. Why is this happening? I have a 2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

romefalls86 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Deleting texts

Advertisement

My blackberry is deleting text messages automatically. Why is this happening? I have a 2 gig memory card installed in it.

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Usually when it is deleting text it is a memory issue, that is strange if you have a 2G card in it and it is still deleting text. Do you have alot installed on your BB? You may have a memory leak! Go into options>advanced options>status
    What is your file free memory total? Usually if it is very low and keeps going down sort of thing you may have an issue!

romefalls86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Memory is currently at about the 5 thousand mark...

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I don't think the memory card has anything to do with messages on the BlackBerry. I wish it was possible to save messages to a memory card.

You might have too much saved on your phone's memory, not the memory card. Music, pictures, ringtones, videos, all that should be getting saved to your memory card.

Make sure its set so the camera auto saves to memory card and not phone memory.

Try deleting your phone call and missed call records also.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    5mb or 5K?

See this thread on freeing up memory.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    5k is wayyyyyyyy low..lol...mem card has nothn to do with your phone memory...its just for pics tones vids ect....your texts call logs and all that will dissapear because your phone i deleting things so it can perform at least good enough to not freeze up. you should delete your messeges that you do not NEED every night to increase performance on your bb and not put a drain on it. also its good to do a batt pull frequently also..that seems to help it alot ...when u have the hourglass spinning for long periods of time..check your mem and youll see its really low.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    No I didn't mean that the memory card has anything to do with the phone memory....I mean if you have a card you should be saving things like pictures, videos ect on your media card which would also free up the phone memory.....yes 5K is very, very low, that is why things are deleteing, you need to free up memory ASAP!

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also, you can use the Aerize card loader to save themes, programs, etc. to your memory card. That works wonders and is well worth the money. Follow the other links on how to clear up memory and you should be flying.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

Robmd17 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You have to go into ur media, goto options and change the settings for reserved photo memory and general memory to the lowest possible setting. This fixed the problem for me. As a default the phone reserves memory so that you can take pictures. When your memory is low the phone frees up memory by deleting your text messages and call log.

wobbly no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I don't think the memory card has anything to do with messages on the BlackBerry. I wish it was possible to save messages to a memory card.

You might have too much saved on your phone's memory, not the memory card. Music, pictures, ringtones, videos, all that should be getting saved to your memory card.

Make sure its set so the camera auto saves to memory card and not phone memory.

Try deleting your phone call and missed call records also.

how do you change it so that the camera auto saves to the memory card and not phone?
    berryFRESH.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    how do you change it so that the camera auto saves to the memory card and not phone?
    Start your camera>Menu>Options>

Set store pictures to on media card and select the folder to save to.

Let me know if this helped.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

hpascoe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Deleting Texs...

I found that when mine was doing this, I turned it off, took out the battery, and put it back in.. this seemed to help... It was deleting mine before I had even read them! Pissed me off! lol