Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so I have found out that the Blackberry Browser is not the same as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

Blackberry Browser/Cingular/MediaNet

Advertisement

Ok, so I have found out that the Blackberry Browser is not the same as the MediaNet browser.I do not have an icon for the BB browser only the MediaNet and the third party OperaMini i installed.

Problem is, the MediaNet browser is restrictive in what it lets you see cause it is routed through Cingular's hands first.. it isnt the real internet, it is Cingular's version of the net. Ok, so you say to hell with you Cingular and install Opera Mini... cool...well not really. If you want to DL something the deafault browser will open even if you browsed to it with Opera Mini. The default browser is the BS MediaNet browser which won't let you DL anything it doesn't want you too.

There is no way to change the default browser from MediaNet in Options/Advanced Option/Browser It is locked to MediaNet. GRRRrrrr

So what do I need to do to get the BB browser?? Unlock the phone? Unbrand the phone? Return it to Cingy and buy an unbranded unlocked Pearl or 8800 when it arrives?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry Browser/Cingular/MediaNet

You should have both try this on your BB:
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Click trackball and select "Register Now".

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    You should have both try this on your BB:
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Click trackball and select "Register Now".
    Nope. All Cingular. I did it anyway and registered... nothing changed. I still cant changed the default browser from MediaNet to Internet.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY
    Nope. All Cingular. I did it anyway and registered... nothing changed. I still cant changed the default browser from MediaNet to Internet.
    goto options >advanced opt > browser > change default browser config from here..

if thats locked then unless cingular have an alternative browser they can provision you with (tmo have two, one wap, one full..) then the only other thing i can think is to get some non-cingular softwarre on your bb.

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    goto options >advanced opt > browser > change default browser config from here..

if thats locked then unless cingular have an alternative browser they can provision you with (tmo have two, one wap, one full..) then the only other thing i can think is to get some non-cingular softwarre on your bb.
    That is exactly where I have been trying to change it. No go.It is locked up.

Has anyone here unbranded a 8100??

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I had the exact same problem with Cingular. I tried so many different things, I'm not sure exactly which one really was the one that worked. Two things I would suggest: 1) when you reregister the host routing table, click on the highlighted line, 2) Ask Cingular to remove and then replace your data plan. The

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ikasen
    I had the exact same problem with Cingular. I tried so many different things, I'm not sure exactly which one really was the one that worked. Two things I would suggest: 1) when you reregister the host routing table, click on the highlighted line, 2) Ask Cingular to remove and then replace your data plan. The
    The browsers you get just depend what cingular provision you for on the BB provisioning tool. THis is probably seperate from their actual accounts system. They may just not have added you the extra broswer you are looking for.

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    The browsers you get just depend what cingular provision you for on the BB provisioning tool. THis is probably seperate from their actual accounts system. They may just not have added you the extra broswer you are looking for.
    Yup. Fixed.

I had to call data support for Cingular... seems they forgot to enable the BB Browser.

I have it now.

Thanks for the help!!

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

They did the same thing to me which helping a friend with their cingy pearl, and then the tried to also convince me that the blackberry isn't supposed to have the bb browser, and then they wanted me to upgrade from BIS to BES, and then they realized they never sent it to the pearl. Mind you this took 2+ hours on the phone (over half on hold while the tech had no clue what was going on).

Cingular and its tech support staff are useless.

dbarrett5381 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ED6FE4

IMO Cingular purposely forgets so that you have to use their browser, and only go to sites they allow. I also had the same problem where they provisioned my account incorrectly. Most people would not know that you are supposed to have two browsers.

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    IMO Cingular purposely forgets so that you have to use their browser, and only go to sites they allow. I also had the same problem where they provisioned my account incorrectly. Most people would not know that you are supposed to have two browsers.

Seems Cingular has been taking lessons from Verizon with this kinda BS, though they still aren't nearly as bad as Verizon. I left Verizon because of this kinda controlling crap. Seems they are all becoming the same.
    Last edited by HITMONEY; 01-23-2007 at 04:20 PM.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

One thing is for sure: there is way more help to be gotten here in these forums than to call a Cingular tech.

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by ikasen
    One thing is for sure: there is way more help to be gotten here in these forums than to call a Cingular tech.
    ABSOLUTELY! If I hadn't found these forums i would have returned my Pearl for sure.

eldog no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont have the other browser either.... Whats the number for cingular data support..??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try 1-800-304-3044 I think that is direct to data support. I usually just dial 611 from my BB to start with.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast