Ok I don't know if I should be posting this on this forum but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jakeisgreat no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BlackBerry and Yahoo Messengers

Advertisement

Ok I don't know if I should be posting this on this forum but I couldnt find any specific thread about this issue, although I am sure there is one, and if so, sorry for double posting.

I just had the internet package turned back on on my pearl and internet is working fine but when I tried to add my friend (who just bought the pearl - she loves it!) to BB messenger, she never gets the request. it just sits pending. She tried to add me as well and I haven't received any request from her. Now, when I had internet before, it worked fine, and I still have friends on my BB messenger . I don't know if any of them are receiving my messages to them or not.

Also, I just downloaded the new yahoo messenger for the pearl and when I try to sign in, it tells me "Service Not Enabled For This Handheld." Why does this version not work when the last version worked just fine? Could there be a compatibility issue with the newest OS update for the Pearl?

Thanks for your time

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: BlackBerry and Yahoo Messengers

first off who is your carrier...secondly have you updated your phone recently to the newest Operating System and Desktop Manager? and WELCOME to the STACKS!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I'm not sure about the Yahoo Messenger program, there is an issue, you might want to check the How-To forum or General Blackberry. I'll try to search after I post this and see if I can find it. You might want to check out Jive Talk, its a $20 or $30 application that is well worth the cash. Works with AIM, Yahoo, Google, Jabber, etc. Best IM client I've used on BB.

As far as adding someone to BBM, I had the same issue with "dead" requests until I started adding the person to my address book first. Go into Address Book-->Menu Button-->Add Address. Add the person you want to BBM, and enter their PIN number in the PIN field.

Go back to BBM, select add contact, and select the person's name from the contact list. The other person should then see the request on their BBM under "pending requests."

There may be a quicker way to do it, but that one works well for me.

Good luck, I hope that helps, and welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thanks!

And I am on T-Mobile and yes I just updated to the 4.2.1.107 OS platform. Also, I just had the unlimited add-on package re-established this morning so I have only had internet for a few hours if that makes any difference

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post

As far as adding someone to BBM, I had the same issue with "dead" requests until I started adding the person to my address book first. Go into Address Book-->Menu Button-->Add Address. Add the person you want to BBM, and enter their PIN number in the PIN field.

Go back to BBM, select add contact, and select the person's name from the contact list. The other person should then see the request on their BBM under "pending requests."

There may be a quicker way to do it, but that one works well for me.

Good luck, I hope that helps, and welcome to the Stacks!

I tried this method, and honestly it was the only method I knew how to use. But it still isn't working.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by jakeisgreat View Post
    Thanks!

And I am on T-Mobile and yes I just updated to the 4.2.1.107 OS platform. Also, I just had the unlimited add-on package re-established this morning so I have only had internet for a few hours if that makes any difference
    Its possible that your service is not fully provisioned yet. It can take up to 24 hours before the account is completely active. May or may not be the problem you're having.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

i'm thinking the same thing latufu...you may want to call CS and have them re-send your service books and what not and also make sure that you're fully provisioned on the network...as far as adding people to BB i haven't had an issue even if i don't put them in my addy...especially since most of the people on my BBM aren't people that i normally converse with i don't have them in my addy book...have over 20 without them being anywhere in my addy...there are sometimes just issues with adding people to your BBM, my wife and i couldn't add eachother for a couple days..always said pending...then one day presto!

Thanks LaTuFu lol I have had my BB pearl since february - you'd think I would know what I was doing by now.... somethings about this phone still totally baffle me. I'm hoping your right and my service is just not quite done provisioning.

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

have u tried the Host Routing registration since turning your data back on?