i have been trying to set up an audio connection from my pc to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

converse no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry and widcomm drivers

Advertisement

i have been trying to set up an audio connection from my pc to my pearl via bluetooth why?
    because i want to be able to talk to my friends on skype through my mobile but via the pc i hope that makes sense.

i have researched and found out my MSI 3x starkey usb dongle has a widcomm driver set which apparently is not supported by blackberry. im guessing this is where my problem is occuring, i cant seem to send anything from my computer to my phone nor send from the phone to my computer. however i can create a connection via the voicegateway but there still seems to be no interaction between computer and pearl. the connection also seems to cut off after roughly 10 minutes.

another problem im having is with active sync i cant seem to connect via bluetooth on any com ports

any suggestions? is there a way i can install a different type of driver for my bluetooth dongle?

regards!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: blackberry and widcomm drivers

you need to get the native window drivers...it took my a week and a lot of patience to get this working right.

This is the thread I used. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nectivity.html

trust me my dongle uses the same driver.

converse no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: blackberry and widcomm drivers

yo thanks for the advice found the link came in very handy, i unistalled the widcomm driver then pluged the dongle back in, windows then prompted installing thenew hardware and installed its own driver which has seemed to work so everything is good.

the only thing is i have lost the widcomm applications like voice gateway so i cant connect without finding some kind of new software

can anybody recommend a programme that enables me to connect my pearl via bluetooth to skype
    inturn making the pearl a mic and speaker?

regards once again, sorry i rambled.

phuz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by converse View Post
    yo thanks for the advice found the link came in very handy, i unistalled the widcomm driver then pluged the dongle back in, windows then prompted installing thenew hardware and installed its own driver which has seemed to work so everything is good.

the only thing is i have lost the widcomm applications like voice gateway so i cant connect without finding some kind of new software

can anybody recommend a programme that enables me to connect my pearl via bluetooth to skype
    inturn making the pearl a mic and speaker?

regards once again, sorry i rambled.
    This is my problem. I am not able to use the Voice (Audio) Gateway when using the Microsoft bluetooth stack. I had to switch back to the WIDCOMM in order to use it.

I can use hyperterminal and another APP to access COM14 (bluetooth port) and dial out, but I am still looking for an updated list of AT commands for the blackberry.