For years, smartphones had a look and a price only business users could love and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Blackberry and Beyond - Article on Smartphones

Advertisement

For years, smartphones had a look and a price only business users could love and afford. Until now.

In the past five months, manufacturers have rolled out a new breed of smartphones designed specifically for consumers. Sleek, compact and multifunctional, the phones represent a push by manufacturers and telecom carriers to go after the 200 million cell-phone users in the United States. -- Read more

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Blackberry and Beyond - Article on Smartphones

true. The Pearl's focus has been on a whole new sector of users and the potential growth even larger than the corporate market. It may be also part of the reason why the 8800's are rumored to be available in a camera & non-camera version to entice all user types. Can't wait!

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Yea never used a smartphone before but I was in the market for a new phone and with all this phone could do, and its size and style couldnt resist it.

berry24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ A very interesting read.

berry24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ very interesting read.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Could those of us who didn't catch the article at least get a link to the site it's on?

PIN/ID
    ask

The link restored:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UG7CLTD771.DTL
    The problem was cuting and pasting of the 'entire' article. For future ref to Stackers, the above format is accetable as users are forced to go to the source to read the meat of this good read. It's a great find by sanfrancisco, thank you Sir. Enjoy.

Just to be clear, this is PinStack's policy?

I ask because the author gave me permission to reprint in full [copying and pasting] and to comment via the bold printing technique [besides, Fair Use Doctrine recognizes such method for commentary and critique].

In any event, I won't post anything else in respect to PinStack's concerns. It's his site, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    The link restored:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UG7CLTD771.DTL
    The problem was cuting and pasting of the 'entire' article. For future ref to Stackers, the above format is accetable as users are forced to go to the source to read the meat of this good read. It's a great find by sanfrancisco, thank you Sir. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by docholliday
    Could those of us who didn't catch the article at least get a link to the site it's on?
    As I had permission from the author to REPRINT the entire article, I have posted it on other Blackberry forums. You can find it there, the full article.

I mention this because the linked newspaper site takes down articles after a few days. So if I did not reprint it in here, it would be forever gone.

PM me for a link to the other Forums.

P.s. The author thanked me for the reprint and was appreciative of the interest.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I posted the link without permission to reprint and got no thanks whatsoever.

PIN/ID
    ask

All,

As long as you have permission to paste feel free to post articles.

It's super-easy to cut & paste entire original articles on other sites without question. As many do not protect the original content rights of others, prefer the gains of running locally and will only respond to a cease-and-desist letter.

In this case Sanfrancisco indicates that he has all the legal bases covered and has PM'd the details. I hope members of this site respect the fact that we do actively check upon these things to ensure the quality of our service as much as humanly possible.