Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I dunno if ur being serious or joking but I'm pretty sure every non gps ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dave_sz no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I dunno if ur being serious or joking but I'm pretty sure every non gps and even gps blackbery has triangulation...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    no GPS but rumored to have triangulation

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    I currently am a pearl user and flip phones were the only ones that I would buy because of the ease to just open and close the phone to answer it. I know for a fact that I am getting the flip BB. I have read the specs on the device and yeah I was like a flip BB. Are they serious. But it really is a great new product that they are going to be rolling out an I can't wait to start selling those phones. Or play with mine when I get it lol.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

show2ime no está en línea Stack level 1
    trust me, you all will love it. You can read your emails on the outside screen, a lot better resolution, you can create, and edit, word, excel and powerpoint docs, create playlists with the new and imporved media player. trust me, it is the best bberry yet. same interface as the bold. T-Mobile is the place to get it...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jhall1986 View Post
    It reminds me when the first pearl came out on t-mobile awhile back. I brought it when it first released. Then after that more and more people had them. Now almost every person i see has a blackberry. Blackberries aren't just aimed at business men/women anymore there aimed at everyone. I give credit to RIM for moving forward and trying something new with the 8220.
    Great Post!...

You are absolutely correct, RIM has done an excellent job of changing the perception that a BB is for business only. And they've done it in a very short period of time. Once RIM decided to target the public sector, they designed the Pearl and it was a home run from day one. And it still is a really excellent model!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dave_sz View Post
    I dunno if ur being serious or joking but I'm pretty sure every non gps and even gps blackbery has triangulation...
    Yes, just for clarification, triangulation is not a function of the phone, not something that is built into the phone. But rather it's the ability of the carriers celluar system to "find" a cell phone based on locating it by identifying it's physical location. Each cell phone broadcasts it's unique IMEI up to the nearest tower on a constant basis. The system "finds" the phone through polling & receiving the IMEI from three towers (thus triangulation) it is then able to determine based on the strength of the IMEI transmission, where the phone is within meters. This is why Google maps works so well with any smart phone that has internet access and a display to show you the map. Even "dumb" phones can be located, or traced. Yes... big brother is watching ....

Quote Originally Posted by show2ime View Post
    trust me, you all will love it. T-Mobile is the place to get it...
    Yes, the more I read about this new flip, the better I like it and the more impressed I am at all the features RIM was able to include in a phone this small. And I'm so happy that T-Mobile gets the exclusive to start. They deserve it as they haven't had an opportunity to "debut" an exciting BB in a long time.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    There are so many cool little things about the 8220. So much power in such a small device

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B
    I've started with the 8703e, moving to the 8130 on Verizon, and would love to have this, can I hope for 8230? No GPS is perfect as we Verizon users suffer that already, unless of course you wanna pay them and use their software....
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123