Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by thbassman I loved flip phones for years so this would be an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    I loved flip phones for years so this would be an easy option for me. I also am a diehard ST user so this looks mighty tasty.
    -
    Precisely!

My first BlackBerry was the SureType equipped 7130c, and I'm a huge advocate of ST. This new BlackBerry Flip is a brilliant move on RIM's part. I predict this model will sell like wild fire. I'm very eager to get mine that's for sure!

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry (what else?!)

jawbrkr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    This will definitely attract more people to the blackberry brand but for me, it's an ugly phone. A blackberry flip phone? I never imagined I would ever see that. Whats next, a blackberry with an attachable keypad?
    मुझे इस बात की और हमेशा की जा!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I like it, a Blackberry flip with all the features of a pearl and more-good job RIM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I like it, a Blackberry flip with all the features of a pearl and more-good job RIM!!!!!
    Precisely, another good model out of the R&D department at RIM...

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes i too would like the "flip berry" but I i wanna know more about the battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by jhall1986 View Post
    Yes i too would like the "flip berry" but I i wanna know more about the battery life.
    -
    I'm sure battery life will be good. After all its a BlackBerry!

sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

Alright now all we need is a release date.

Alright now all we need is a release date.
    -
    No problem I've got that confirmed as Nov 4th 2010...

LMAO, what a practical joker I am huh? Hey, we've gotta have a sense of humor to off set all the serious people in the world

sent via BlackBerry
    What would I do without my trusty 8310?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Better screen resolution and double the flash memory are definite pluses. Too bad they didn't give it GPS capabilities. I love the full QWERTY on my 8330 Curve but started out on the 8130 Pearl.

This new 8220 will be a really awesome 1st BB for those just venturing into the smartphone world and those who prefer the flip-phone style. Another one I can't wait to go to the store and fondle when it comes out

no GPS but rumored to have triangulation
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    This is going to be an amazing device. it'll attract the normal consumer or business men/women who are use to using a device like the razr(something small,sleek, and full of power). Makes for an easy transition and isn't to overwhleming for people who need or want to make that jump to a smartphone. The new pearl has all the great features of an blckberry device so it's great.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    This isn't a phone for me yet I do like it. It reminds me of the old flip phones I had in the past. Though they weren't a powerhouse of a phone like this one. I see many people purchasing this device. The argument still is for those who like to protect there main screens. Well here ya go, flip it down and your covered. It's easy to slide in your pocket and purse. The go anywhere phone....

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    At first all i was into was flip phones. I didn't want to have to put the key lock on the phone every time I wanted to put it in my pocket. I feel in love with the Blackberries then I didn't mind and adapted to the flip phone. I think this new pearl with bring all the flip phone lovers to the blackberry world.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I think this new pearl with bring all the flip phone lovers to the blackberry world.
    -
    I agree with you 100%. This is going to be one of the most successful mass market models yet. RIM is very intent on making it as affordable as possible. Then to make it even more attractive for the carriers is the fact that it will sell more data plans for them. This is the BlackBerry we will look back on as the true game changer in the smart phone space. In a time when the economy is soft, this low priced BlackBerry will sell like crazy. Some carriers are planning to offer the Pearl Flip phone for free, just because they realize how much revenue the data plan will bring in.

sent via BlackBerry
    Simply Brilliant

It reminds me when the first pearl came out on t-mobile awhile back. I brought it when it first released. Then after that more and more people had them. Now almost every person i see has a blackberry. Blackberries aren't just aimed at business men/women anymore there aimed at everyone. I give credit to RIM for moving forward and trying something new with the 8220.

It reminds me when the first pearl came out on t-mobile awhile back. I brought it when it first released.
    Blackberries aren't just aimed at business men/women anymore there aimed at everyone. I give credit to RIM for moving forward and trying something new with the 8220.
    -
    Precisely!
    The entire purpose behind the original Pearl was to create a consumer BlackBerry that was small, stylish, fun, and yet be a fully functional BlackBerry. Like you pointed out, they were an immediate success, a truly smart move on RIM's part. Now going forward before the Pearl Flip even hits the sales channels, there is a lot of positive buzz from Wall St which bodes well for RIM & the future of BlackBerrys that are created for the public. The timing of this release could not be better.

sent via BlackBerry
    Simply Brilliant !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast