I need some advise i am wanting to get a blackberry 8110. I have the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Blackberry 8110 or 8310?

Advertisement

I need some advise i am wanting to get a blackberry 8110. I have the blackberry curve who thinks i should get the blackberry 8110 = Pearl 2? Or should i stick with my Curve Please let me know. Thanks.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Stick with the curve. I haven't played with it yet but if it doesn't have the full qwerty keyboard I would definitely stay away from it especially if you write a lot of emails and sms messages to people. I have a curve myself and I think I wouldn't have it any other way. My company lets me play around with new phones and I've tried a lot of different Smart phones and even an I-Phone as well and I still would rather have the Curve. There was some thread last week stating that there should be a software upgrade soon for Curve owners that will allow us to have video so that is something to look forward to.

Buddyc2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for your input. If anyone should know, you should. IL just read this morning that Verizon should be getting the Curve soon. Thanks again for responding to my question.

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    I need some advise i am wanting to get a blackberry 8110. I have the blackberry curve who thinks i should get the blackberry 8110 = Pearl 2? Or should i stick with my Curve Please let me know. Thanks.
    Both are great, really a choice on size.

I love the smaller size of the Pearl, fits so easily in a shirt or pants pocket. The Suretype keyboard; once you get used to it (3-4 days) is excellent, I may be even faster than a full qwerty with it!

/BD

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Simple answer to the OP's question: Go to the store and try typing on an 8310 and see if you feel comfortable enough typing on it to justify the change.

To BES Noob: Not exactly true. I write a LOT of emails from my Pearl daily (30 or more...I don't use my PC anymore for writing email). I come from a long line of SureType models (3 7100t's, 2 7105t's and 3 8100's). I type/have typed very comfortably on all 3 models.

The factor that sealed the deal for me was portability. I wanted a newer BlackBerry but didn't want another flat pancake model after my first 2 7730's. A friend of mine suggested, found, bought, set up and sent me my first 7100t 4 years ago and I have been hooked on them since. It's all personal preference.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    To BES Noob: Not exactly true. I write a LOT of emails from my Pearl daily (30 or more...I don't use my PC anymore for writing email). I come from a long line of SureType models (3 7100t's, 2 7105t's and 3 8100's). I type/have typed very comfortably on all 3 models.

I completely agree with you in regards to personal preference. I base my decision on personal and professional preference. I have had quite a few users that have returned the Pearl to me after a couple of days of usage after being fed up with the sure type setup. I think for personal usage it would be a great phone but for the purpose for myself and my users is not very practical for a lot people that and a lot of people are not good with change.