hello everyone... i'm new here... my brother just gave me his blackberry 8100... the problem ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bungeemil no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry 8100 trackball function

Advertisement

hello everyone... i'm new here... my brother just gave me his blackberry 8100... the problem is with the trackball. at first it was working fine then just changed the SIM and then when i click the trackball it automatically goes to the search function for the address and shows the letter Q, if you try to push/click the trackball again it will type the letters "qe". Tried changing some settings and stuff and then it worked fine. By clicking the trackball it opens an application that i choose. But i honestly don't remember what i did to make it work. Then i started to change the font type and size and again had the same issue with the trackball. Please help me how to return the right function of the trackball. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post. Thanks again it will be a big help.

bungeemil no está en línea Stack level 1
    bump! anyone at all? i'm sorry if i didn't go through the other threads if this issue has been discussed before. there's just too many... pls help!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    First of all welcome to Pinstack. I had a very similar experience with my sons 8310. Everytime he would try to use the keyboard, no matter what key he pressed, the letter Q would come up. I replaced the trackball, did a wipe of the device and re-installed the new OS. Im sorry to say that it did not help and I had to get him a new one. Ive seen this before, I hope this is not the case with yours. Maybe someone else will chime in with some more ideas.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red