Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so this device will be as fast as the 8700 and also have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tekoa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D0C09

Re: Blackberry 8100 (Pearl) - Available September 18th!

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so this device will be as fast as the 8700 and also have video, music and BB powerful email capabilities?

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

cant wait to see what it does and how fast it is . . . . . . .runs to the nearest t-mo with a tent and sleeping bag to wait for sept 18th . . . . .ohhh a bb with a camera and mem. slot

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

yeah, but the memory slot is under the battery. Correct me if im wrong. but that seems a little dumb.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    cant wait to see what it does and how fast it is . . . . . . .runs to the nearest t-mo with a tent and sleeping bag to wait for sept 18th . . . . .ohhh a bb with a camera and mem. slot
    Just make sure to call TMobile Corporate beforehand, and get verification that it's going to be an upgradeable device...Then make sure you get the name of the Corp Customer Service rep and make sure they will be on duty when you go to get it.

Had problems with TMobile when the 8700 came out the first day. Didn't want to sell it to existing TMobile customers until a week after it was launched.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I think Cingular gets this sometime in Q4. I think we have the exclusive only for a month or so....

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Since there are tons of threads about this device, I am just going to pick one.

About 45 minutes ago, one of our customers walked into the dealership. I have known him for about a year now. He runs an IT Firm here in the area with about 500 employees, all of whom use Blackberry.

He walked into my office and low and behold, he had an 8100 in his possession. Because of a contract or agreement or whatever that he has with RIM, no pictures could be taken of the device because it can jeopardize future relations between his company and RIM.

However, I did spend about 5 minutes playing with this thing...All I have to say is they BETTER made a full qwerty version of this thing, and it better not take until this time next year to release (on TMobile).

Most of you already know a good amount about this device from seeing the pictures here and on other websites, however 2 things:

1: The trackpad or whatever you want to call it is pretty freakin awesome. I definately prefer it over the trackwheel.

2: The trackwheel location has now been replaced with a key that has 2 functions: First it is used as a volume button, up and down; and it also doubles as a key for when you are reading emails, browsing websites, etc. A click of the key down will take you down the page one screen length, and a click up will take you up a screen length. Very nice.

Ok, that's it for now. He's supposed to be calling me here in the next few days to get together again. Maybe I can find out when/if he can get us some pictures of it without having issues with RIM.

Overall, this thing comes out in Full QWERTY and the 8700 will become my new test unit.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I hope the 8100 has all its bugs worked out before I get it.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sweet N8!! You lucky dog. I'm glad you got to take a peak! I'm jealous.

tombaby no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ENY428
    Im jealous. DAMN NEXTEL.
    lol...... i'm with you ...damn nextel...... we seem to pay the most and recieve the least !!!
    blackberry....... what else ?

moralitylady no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D70D2C

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    TMO? Looks like I have a decision to make. I've only had my 8700 2 months, however, I usually always have to have the newest. Hmmmm. Thanks hydn.
    I am so with you on that!
    It hasn't been 2mo for me but seeing this thing is making me have second thoughts because I too like to have the newest...and wow for only $199!! That is a sweeter deal than what the 8700 was...

I KNEW THAT TRACKBALL WOULD ROCK!!!!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Thanks N8. For someone to have the phone already I doubt RIM is rushing anything. Seems like this phone is right on track. I hope there is a full keyboard one as well. Don't think I could do back to suretype.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I would give anything to be a tester for RIM, that would be the best...

moralitylady no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D70D2C

well...I spoke wit a friend of mines who is employed by TMOBILE and he says that if you have the 8700 then you should keep it. The new "Pearl" is just an upgrade from the Treo. It has about as much as the 8700 but there are some flaws which I am not inclined to list...but the 8700g is the better. Just to let you guys know...

MsPinkBerry :-)

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

N8, it sounds awesome. However, based on MsPinkBerry's comments (thanks!) I may be waiting until they have a full keyboard model. However.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast