I was at six flags with my phone and for some stupid reason I got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IRDanielC no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Blackberry 8100 ERROR. HELP PLEASE!

Advertisement

I was at six flags with my phone and for some stupid reason I got on a water ride with my phone in my pocket. In the end I was soaked and my phone was also. Now my phone constantly gives me this error "Uncaught Exception: ApplicationRegistry waitFor (0xd4a3067fif92c0a5)". I currently cannot go to addressbook, music, Search, Compose, Phone, which gives me a totaly different message "Uncaught Exception: Java,lang.NullPointerExeption and then I must do either a battery pull or wait for about 5 minutes for the error to leave. last but not least the search messages application for some reason is only outlined and not in color is there a reason for this or is a problem? Please any suggestions are welcome. I have no warranty and really would hate to have to spend a lot of money getting my phone fixed.

Thanks, Daniel C.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Take the phone apart, dry it off throughly and if you have a can of compressesed air, use that blow out whatever water is left in it.Then put it in a bowl of rice and let it dry thoroughly. Preferably overnight or a few days. Then see if it can function. If not, time to replace it or order replacement parts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Do you mean taking the back off my blackberry and taking out the battery or do you mean spiting the blackberry in half. I have never done this and instructions would be very very much appreciated

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Useing compressed air you take a chance at more moisture. My suggestion would be the same otherwise, take the battery out and get a bag of rice. Wrap the device in a paper towel and put it in the rice. Do not mess with it for at least a day then take it out and try putting the battery in. If it was really wet leave it longer as stated. Try this without taking it apart first since you have never done it.

Only thing I hope is that powering up the device while it was still wet didn't fry something.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 05-30-2009 at 08:58 PM.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah, you've probably caused internal electronic damage by powering it on before it was completely dry. Sorry to say but the chances of a good drying out NOW fixing it are slim.

Next time you go go anywhere there's a chance of getting wet maybe you will remember to have one of those ziplock sandwich bags along with you for your phone (and wallet too!).

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Thats sucks. But to clarify what EricaJ and cowbay stated uncooked rice i am sure you new that but just making sure.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    Yeah, you've probably caused internal electronic damage by powering it on before it was completely dry. Sorry to say but the chances of a good drying out NOW fixing it are slim.

Next time you go go anywhere there's a chance of getting wet maybe you will remember to have one of those ziplock sandwich bags along with you for your phone (and wallet too!).
    I called Tmo and asked them about the LDI and the tech support lady said that since my LDI is white than it is not water damage that is ailing my phone. The support person said that my bb needs an upgrade and told me to download the bb upgrade off t-mo.com/bbupgrade. Could this possibly be the solution to my problem.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by IRDanielC View Post
    I called Tmo and asked them about the LDI and the tech support lady said that since my LDI is white than it is not water damage that is ailing my phone. The support person said that my bb needs an upgrade and told me to download the bb upgrade off t-mo.com/bbupgrade. Could this possibly be the solution to my problem.
    It could be possible but I doubt it. Give it a try.

The only reason the water indicator isn't showing it has damage is because the water didn't get to it. The rep probably typed in your question and got a generic answer and had no clue. It's possible but not likely since you yourself KNOW it got soaked. Again give it a try but I would stick with drying it out if it was me. Then update the OS.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ditto what Cowboy said, I'd make sure the phone was dry inside before I tried anything else. Powering it up to do an upgrade could cause more damage if there is any moisture inside. You can always do the upgrade later.