Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wait a min, the symbol key has moved so they have an easier way to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: "BlackBerry 8100 cameraphone! Stealth revealed!"

Advertisement

Wait a min, the symbol key has moved so they have an easier way to the @ key. And theres a little speaker over the OP key, i know that it does speaker phone on my 7100 but i want a little speaker on mine, lol. Anyone know any specs yet?
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by penk
    i agree.

this is the same sort of cumbersome usability as my truck. when will they get it right and put the gas cap on the dashboard? then i can just roll the window down and reach through for the fuel pump. they know i'm gonna refuel at some point, so why do they have to put it on the outside so i have to get out of my car?!
    Using that example though, technically you can leave your car running while you refuel.

JustClassy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    401317F7

I would loooove if Nextel picked up some of the sleeker, more updated versions of the Blackberry.....goodness Nextel! GET IT TOGETHER!!!!
    "Be on or above my level. Never below!"

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think one thing to consider with regards to the SD card is that RIM may not want to make it as accessible for security reasons. We all know there will be places this can't go simply because of the camera. However, with an easily removable card, the device becomes less secure, to where if you turn your back, someone could easily snag your card, and any confidential info stored there. While its slightly inconvenient, I prefer the security. Worst case scenario, it takes me an extra couple minutes a day. I can live with that. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

its a nasty micro sd as well, expensive things. if you look where the sim card goes, directly above it is the what looks like a space for a half size sim, thats the micro sd card space. jus incase anyones not found it yet. most phones that use this small form factor of memory use it somewhere where its not easily removable as there too easy and expensive to lose i presume. if its aimed at the average user then hopefully it will support bluetooth data for them to send there pictures, and for the rest of us to use bluetooth teathering. as for sd variants of cards, there called secure digital for a reason, the data thats on them is stored in some form of encryption, but not passworded or something stupid. maybe the bb will do it properly secure and require the users password even if its used elsewhere like a card reader.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Great points HuwSy!!! I completely agree.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HuwSy
    Wait a min, the symbol key has moved
    hadn't noticed this (don't think anyone else has, either), and i got mad when i confirmed it in the pics.

but then i got over it when i realized that by moving the SYM key to a primary position it saves a fat quantity of keytaps!

and then i thought about where they may have put the >> key, but maybe the trackballwheelpad will cover for that.

so then i thought about how the asterisk ( "*" ) being in an alternate key position will affect the "dial from homescreen" nature of the SureType handsets and just what that will mean for us all.

then i looked at my cat and realized she didn't have any idea, either.

Quote Originally Posted by penk
    ...then i looked at my cat and realized she didn't have any idea, either.
    lol, but youm mouse will, its technically minded, jus only talks to your computer cos this whole class system.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    iDen is actually a form of TDMA. iDen itself is not being killed, just phased out to the public sector and going to the private sector. iDen is a money looser for Sprint, mainly because of its zero upgradability.

You are right though, Motorola has a contract to support iDen until 2010 actually, but Motorola does not make blackberry's. Will we see an 87XX on iDen? Possibly. An 8100? Not likely.
    My company's Nextel rep says they are trying to phase out blackberries on iDEN completely in favor of CDMA devices. I don't know how true this is, but if I were RIM I wouldn't make a device for a network which is being slowly phased out of the public sector -- waste of design and production time for a very limited return.
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Is anyone else here severly disappointed that the 8100 did not end up with a full Qwerty keyboard? I know it's supposed to be more prosumer centric rather than business oriented, but I could never deal with one of those crippled keyboards.
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am personally happy that it is not a full keyboard device. I have used those before and prefer the smaller package of the 71xx series so the 81xx series will be a welcomed upgrade.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Disappointed? Yes. Severely? No. I wouldn't call it "crippled" Back before I switched to the 8700, I had a 7100i with Nextel. Took two weeks to master it, and its a much better way to type one handed. Supposedly there are significant advancements to the suretype function on this new model to enhance even more. I can deal with either keyboard.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I use the 7100i, and many times throughout the day someone with a full qwerty will come in and I must use their phone to troubleshoot or something, and Im telling you I cant type for anything on that device. Its because Im not sure where all the symbols are, so its confusing to me, plus I type so fast with the suretype Im cool with that, no need to switch.

DH
    DH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203AA62E

Crew,

I love the fact that finally BB has integrated a SD slot. Camera is good to have versus a need to have. Trackwheel is a part of BB signature. That's what helps to makes a BB a BB. Full keyboard is preferred.

Regards.
    Best Regards,
    DH

monty425 no está en línea Stack level 1

I dropped by a store today to look at another phone and when the clerk saw I had a BB he told me about this phone coming out in another month. After some looking at other phones he asked if I would like to see the 8100. Of course i said YES! They had a full working demo in the back, the trackball is actually quite nice. Plus the camera and the video quality was amazing! I quickly left the store and will be waiting for the 12th to pick up my own. If you have a T-mobile store around and they are nice enough they may give you a peak. They have them in there but just can't sell them. Actually they are not supposed to mention the thing as I was told.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast