I upgraded my pearl to the 4.5 os and my phone kept rebooting with my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fordboy751 no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry 4.5 reboot with memory card in phone

Advertisement

I upgraded my pearl to the 4.5 os and my phone kept rebooting with my 4gb memory card in it. I took the mem card out and the phone stays on. The phone worked fine with the mem card and the 4.2 os. Someone please help?

wjbyrd36567 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try reformating your memory card, it fixed mine when it was doing the same thing. If you have an external card reader you can try to save your old data to your pc before you wipe your card.

do i need to reformat the card after 4.5 install?

wjbyrd36567 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Its worth a try. The problem i had was i switched from an 8100 pearl to the newer 8110 put the card from the old phone in and endless rebooting. Reformated the card and have'nt had a problem since. But i've done several os upgrades and never had a problem with it rebooting. You may want to try it, maybe some corrupt data on there.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This should get you fixed up.

trying now will let ya know if that fixes it

timnicholson no está en línea Stack level 1
    This did NOT fix the issue for me, at least not after reformatting and copying pictures, videos, documents, ringtones, etc. back onto the card from a Windows Vista machine. Sadly, this reminds me of my Palm OS days ;-)
    http://pdamobileweb.com
    Portal of mobile-friendly links

rcharles168 no está en línea Stack level 1
    my bb bold 9000 have reboot problems, pls help me, tks

timnicholson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by timnicholson View Post
    This did NOT fix the issue for me, at least not after reformatting and copying pictures, videos, documents, ringtones, etc. back onto the card from a Windows Vista machine. Sadly, this reminds me of my Palm OS days ;-)
    As a follow-up, I got a new 8110 with OS 4.3 and put the same micro SD card in it and have had no rebooting issues. Also, my fiancee got a new 8110 with OS 4.5 on it and has no rebooting issues. It appears to be something related to upgrading an older Pearl to OS 4.5.

As a side note, my fiancee's 8110 with OS 4.5 does have a hugely annoying issue where if you reboot the phone for whatever reason it destroys all settings in the launcher, such as the order of the programs and whether they are hidden or not. This seems to be an AT&T issue where they are forcing all those shopping applications on you (ringtones, background images, etc.)
    http://pdamobileweb.com
    Portal of mobile-friendly links