Me and my wife just bought BB pearls. She ofcourse took red, I have black. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alnineball no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Black and red Application loader prob

Advertisement

Me and my wife just bought BB pearls. She ofcourse took red, I have black. We have the desktop software on one pc. I added an app to hers for the first time last night and it jacked hers all up. Had the exception and timed out error everyones been talking about. So i spent some time and loaded her red software and got it working. Is this going to be a constant problem? Is there anyway to load the black the same as the red so we can use the same desktop?
    Thanks for anyhelp you can give this newbie

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Black and red Application loader prob

You say you loaded her red software. Does that mean you reloaded the operating system on it?

If so have you tried it again?

From what I've read the Red Pearls usually have a lot of bugs out of the box. Loading the Operating System usually fixes a lot of problems with the Red Pearl.

Yep. I reloaded her Red OS. It works fine now. But am I going to run into problems with the loader now for the black pearl? I have only the one PC set up right now. I dont want to run ap loader on my black pearl and have it try and update the os with her red OS.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Good point. And yes you can use the same desktop just use switch device manager.

Switch device manager? I have the switch device wizrd that transfers from one device to another. I dont want to put her files on mine. I just want to be able to use the same computer to load and sync both( we have XP pro set up with logins). Now that her Os is loaded into the Desktop mgr will it try and upgrade my phone if I go in and load a new theme etc...? Or will I have to load my OS to the desktop every time I add an app to my phone?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Now that you have the updated OS you should be fine. Once the OS is on your PC it's on there.

Not exactly sure, on the syncing with multiple BBs I only have one.

Yep thats what scares me. Hers is fine now. But what happens if I try and upload an app on my black phone now that it has her OS on the pc?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you won't have problems running both on the same pc. I have 3 BB's on one pc.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by alnineball
    Yep thats what scares me. Hers is fine now. But what happens if I try and upload an app on my black phone now that it has her OS on the pc?
    you might as well update your BB too, so that both have the same OS. You should just be able to load the application onto yours. Remember you can pick and choose which apps go onto the devices.

Thumbs up Re: Black and red Application loader prob

Thanks for the info. I actually just loaded my black pearl with the update from the red. Hopefully that will solve any issues. The people at cingular said that some of the reds actually came out with a newer O.S. That really wasnt ready yet. So the O.S. Is really a downgraded. INTERESTING!
    Thanks Again

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

You could probably just uninstall the phone operating system from your computer after you are done with it. It is not needed to run app loader or anything. I bet if you have neither of the operating systems installed on the pc it will not try to update the operating system on the phones when you try to install something via app loader.