Hi Guys I have had a blackberry since as along as I can remember and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS Email issues if you are on BES

Advertisement

Hi Guys

I have had a blackberry since as along as I can remember and pinstack has been the most informative site ever. I have always been on my company's BES and have used the web to access personal email till the GMAIL app came along. Anyway, I am currently doing a consulting gig for another company so I decided to setup a BIS account so I could recieve emails from company2. Company 2 uses outlook, so I downloaded the mail connector and finished my setup for the BIS account. I tested to see if I did recieve emails from comapny2 on my BB and I did, so far so good. When I responded to those emails, they went from my company1. Upon troubleshooting further I realized that IT at company1 had pushed a policy on my pearl which prevented me from sending emails through any other account. Even that is acceptable for me at the moment, but I cant seem to sync the emails from company2 account between my BB and outlook. For ex- I get emails to both outlook and BB but If I read them on BB they dont show up as read on outlook or vice versa, i.e if I read them on outlook they show up as unread on BB. I have set wireless reconcile to ON. Any advice?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BIS Email issues if you are on BES

This is normal for A Pop account on BIS, which is how I read your set up. You can get one way reconciliation if you set this account up using IMAP if possible, but that will only be BB to Server, for the read/deletes not PC to BB.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

I didnt select the POP/IMAP section in BIS. I selected the Outlook/Exchange section "I always use Outlook to access my email". Isnt the mail connector supposed to have atleast 1 way sync though, so if I read email in BB shouldnt it come to outlook as read?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Can't help with Mail Connector, I haven't used it

Sorry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles