Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BlackBerry 8100 Pearl Latest Version: 4.2.1.107 (Platform 2.3.0.83) Carrier: T-Mobile Hello all, 1st post but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ChrisBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BIS* BB E-mail stopped working. Any advice?

Advertisement

BlackBerry 8100 Pearl
    Latest Version: 4.2.1.107 (Platform 2.3.0.83)
    Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello all,
    1st post but longtime guest

I've searched and did some troubleshooting and have tried some different things but haven't been successful. I'd appreciate it if someone can give some advice or point me to a link that could help a bit more.
    The Problem:
    BIS, my BB e-mail account I made when I got my Pearl, has been working great and fast since I've had it, (about 6 months).
    Suddenly I stopped receiving e-mails about a week ago. This happened around the same time I installed an OTA Theme from someone here on the forums, but I don't think the two are related...?
    Since then I have been using a default theme, I've deleted the Service Book for the particular e-mail, re-sent service books both from the handheld OTA, and through T-Mobile website. I've done a hard reset between both times resending the service books, and still no luck.

I was about to delete the e-mail on T-Mobile website and then try setting up a new one with the same name, but I was expecting some e-mails that I'm hoping are suspended and are still able to be retrieved. Therefore I didn't feel comfortable deleting the e-mail yet. If you guys think those e-mails are probably lost, or if deleting and re-setting up wouldn't effect that, then I'll go ahead and try that too.

I know I must be missing something. Anymore suggestions?
    I appreciate any help, Thanks in advance.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    what happens when you resend the service books?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It replaces the email icon, as well as handango, facebook. The email opens up with all my mail, but when I send myself test emails, I "reconcile now", and still nothing.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yeah, my suggestion would be to delete the account from the BIS and then re-add it. And any items waiting to be sent to your device only remain in queue for 72 hours and then they are deleted from the RIM servers. Can you not login to your actual mail account(s) and get those emails?

I think your problem will be resolved after you delete the account & re-add it.

What type of account are you using with the BIS also?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im using the Tmobile email, for example: name@tmo.blackberry.net
    I can't check the email from Tmobile site though. It prompts me to use my wireless device.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i will try deleting it and re adding. Would you suggest going through BB internet email setup to re add or add through Tmobile.com?
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It's much easier to me to use the BIS site.

I've deleted and re-added my account through Tmobile.com and through BB Internet E-mail Setup.
    Still no luck, but I will give it until tomorrow, maybe it's just being slow?
    Any other ideas?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Did you resend your service books after adding the account? Is the service book there under Options, Advanced, Service Book?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ya I resent them. It is there, there is 2 copies for some reason everytime I resend them.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is weird. Have you tried reregistering? Options > advanced options > host routing table , hit menu key and selectting register now.

When you re added your email address did you check the 'forward to device ' box.

The blackberry. Net email address is not available online so you have no copies anywhere unless you are forwarding mail to it from an online account which is why I do not use it.

Consider getting a yahoo or gmail account.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ya I have done the register under host routing table. Ill try that again now that I re added the email itself.

Your right its pretty weird cuz I just realized I can still send emails from it, I just sent a test email to my gmail account. Tried to reply to that and nothin.

Ya I guess ill just have to stick with my gmail account, I just wanted a blackberry email haha. Owell.
    Thanks for everyones help, ill keep trying everything stated.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Try one more thing... Log back into your BIS account via the PC. Go the change device section and you will re-enter your same device PIN & IMEI which is under Options, Status on the BB.

Sometimes this makes a difference. Once you have done that. Resend your service books again and see what happens.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Try one more thing... Log back into your BIS account via the PC. Go the change device section and you will re-enter your same device PIN & IMEI which is under Options, Status on the BB.

Sometimes this makes a difference. Once you have done that. Resend your service books again and see what happens.
    Just tried this. No luck yet. This has me stumped for sure.
    Thanks again for continued support.

*EDIT*
    Just received an activation e-mail just like the 1st time I setup the e-mail when I got the phone. It said I should start receiving in 20 min. So we'll see what happens...
    Last edited by ChrisBerry; 06-07-2008 at 11:57 PM.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Good luck...Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast