Hi, I've been looking for an answer fo my question, but I can't seem to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MovieMaG no está en línea Stack level 1

Bis & Bes

Advertisement

Hi,

I've been looking for an answer fo my question, but I can't seem to find it, hence my post I am on worktrip in the United States, but my phone broke down. I needed a new one stat, and I've had my eye on the blackberry. I bought the pearl, but as it seems they got me a BES version in stead of a BIS. I'm all new to this, but if I'm correct the phone is being sold in these 2 versions? Now I've read that there's software that can be installed to change that, but I can't find it. I've sent e-mails and called both T-mobile America and Netherlands, but they're not really helpful. I'm miles away from the store I bought the pohne, so I'd rather not return it, as I'm leaving tomorrow. Is it possible to change the software? Or is it inevitble to return the phone?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Martin

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Bis & Bes

BIS and BES aren't software, they are merely add-ons to your phone plan; in the same manner you would add an SMS/MMS package to your plan.

Just go online to your carrier's website, login and change your data plan from BES to BIS, this can also be done by calling customer service and having them do it for you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for your quick reply. I had thought about what you said, but there's one thing I don't understand. When I googled howto install my internet and email settings onto my Pearl Blackberry, it tells me to go to internet settings (or install internet, something like that). But on my BB there's only the button enterprise activation in that spot. Even if they change my plan, how do I change my settings then? Or will they send me a configuration message?

Thanx again

mbkintner no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MovieMaG
    Thanks for your quick reply. I had thought about what you said, but there's one thing I don't understand. When I googled howto install my internet and email settings onto my Pearl Blackberry, it tells me to go to internet settings (or install internet, something like that). But on my BB there's only the button enterprise activation in that spot. Even if they change my plan, how do I change my settings then? Or will they send me a configuration message?

Thanx again
    Register at T-Mobiles BIS site. You'll be able to set-up all your email settings there.

https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/Default.aspx

Mike

Thanks. Tried that, but they won't let me. Need to do it at the dutch site, which doesn't support it. This is going to be an adventure, lol