I have ran into my first bb problem. I got home and when I went ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ryan6925 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3020C1EA

big problems

Advertisement

I have ran into my first bb problem. I got home and when I went to make a call the phone will connect but I cannot hear the person on the other end. They cannot hear me either. My music plays but I hear nothing but yet with the ringer on I can hear what the ringer plays. I'm running 4.3.065 I believe. Anybody have any clue what is up with my phone? Telus is replacing it in 2 or 3 days once my new one shows up but I'm still annoyed and very curious as to what happened

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Mine did that and a hard reset fixed it not sure what causes it but it is a pain.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    if you want to get it running while you wait on your new one just upgrade your os
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ryan6925 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3020C1EA
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Mine did that and a hard reset fixed it not sure what causes it but it is a pain.
    If you don't mind me asking, where do I find the hard reset option?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan6925 View Post
    Just do a battery pull leave it out for 30 seconds and put it back in.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    it will take a bit of work but is not hard to do.you will need to connect to your pc and wipe your phone and install a new os.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can just push "alt", right shift and "del" at the same time and that should also work for you. You don't have to re-install the OS for a hard reset.

If you do a battery pull, make sure you leave your Blackberry on when pulling the battery.

Either way, it will take a couple of minutes to reboot the phone, but that is normal.
    Last edited by finder216; 10-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by finder216 View Post
    You can just push "alt", right shift and "del" at the same time and that should also work for you. You don't have to re-install the OS for a hard reset.
    This is true but only if you have dailing fromhome screen turned off. Correct???

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have ran into my first bb problem. I got home and when I went to make a call the phone will connect but I cannot hear the person on the other end. They cannot hear me either. My music plays but I hear nothing but yet with the ringer on I can hear what the ringer plays. I'm running 4.3.065 I believe. Anybody have any clue what is up with my phone? Telus is replacing it in 2 or 3 days once my new one shows up but I'm still annoyed and very curious as to what happened
    Did you try to place more than one call?
    This is a normal quirk that happens from time to time with all cell phones. Not as much as it used to as the carriers networks improve, but it still happens if the network is temporarily overloaded as thousands of people are dialing out at once.
    Do _not_ waste time upgrading your OS, it will make no difference. Just because it works after a battery pull doesn't prove anything either as it would have worked anyway if you just hung up and called again.

Remember it's all too easy to jump to the conclusion that something is wrong with the phone when 99% of the time it's the network, no matter what carrier you are with.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Did you try to place more than one call?
    This is a normal quirk that happens from time to time with all cell phones. Not as much as it used to as the carriers networks improve, but it still happens if the network is temporarily overloaded as thousands of people are dialing out at once.
    Do _not_ waste time upgrading your OS, it will make no difference. Just because it works after a battery pull doesn't prove anything either as it would have worked anyway if you just hung up and called again.

Remember it's all too easy to jump to the conclusion that something is wrong with the phone when 99% of the time it's the network, no matter what carrier you are with.
    When I had the same problem it was on every call for almost a week and after the Battery pull the issue was resolved. To me that wouldn't seem like my carrier but you do make a very valid point about not jumping in and updating an OS.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 10-27-2008 at 08:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    No....don't Listen To These Guys....update Your Os Asap Or Your Berry Will Explode!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I see the cat is in rare form tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    When I had the same problem it was on every call for almost a week and after the Battery pull the issue was resolved.
    I agree with you, now that I know more. Your first post did not include this very important info. You have a rare case, which mimics what I described, exactly. Glad to hear that a Battery Pull fixed it.

Regarding upgrading the OS for what it's worth, my take on it is as follows. If your BlackBerry is stable, reliable and doing everything you need it to do, why upgrade? Now, the counterpoint to that is if you first, determine what additional new features are contained in the upgrade, and really need them, then by all means upgrade.

In my particular case I have what I call my "main" BlackBerry which is what I rely on. Then I have others that I use for trying out beta OS upgrades, third party software etc. With these I can afford downtime if something goes awry. However if I had just one BlackBerry, I would be very careful, do the research, and then decide if I was going to do the mods.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    No....don't Listen To These Guys....update Your Os Asap Or Your Berry Will Explode!
    What?

Just what would we do, without your world class humor..

Cheers !

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What?

Just what would we do, without your world class humor..

Cheers !