I have the 8110 on T-mobile, UK. Last Friday I downloaded the 4.7 Desktop Manager, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3

BIG Mistake!!!! Help appreciated!!!

Advertisement

I have the 8110 on T-mobile, UK. Last Friday I downloaded the 4.7 Desktop Manager, when asked for software updates I chose yes...now half way through doing this the computer froze, I then couldn't turn my Blackberry on (it's LED just kept flashing Red at me!), I managed to "update" the software again (Don't ask me how, it took hours and was VERY stressful!)....Now that I can turn it back on I've noticed that things aren't the same!!! The following is different: -

I no longer have BB Messenger
    No Memo Pad
    My menus are shorter (i.e. when texting, listening to music etc. when I press the menu in there they aren't very short and limited to what they say)
    When I go in my "Media" option, the layout is VERY different - it looks like something from 20yrs ago!!

I don't know where I have gone wrong, but it is VERY annoying....I've searched through most of the sites, googled numerous things, but can't find anything that would help me get it back to normal!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    You may have to start all over from scratch meaning: Delete the OS from your computer via your control panel add/remove program option. While you are doing all of this make sure your blackberry isn't connected to your computer. Now you have to reinstall your OS over again. It shouldn't be hard to access the file from your wireless provider or another website. Once you reinstall the OS to your computer connect your BB and run your desk top manager again. It will ask you if you want to update......select yes. It should recognize the missing apps and reinstall them. And of course this will take a while to reinstall so be patient. I hope this helps

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried that with the 4.7, that's how I (Finally) managed to get it turning on again!! Don't suppose you know what OS Blackberry 8110 is meant to have? Got it this year in July!! Thanks for your help!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Lindsey,

In my signature is a FAQ link that contains another link to all the most current OS's for each device. You should find what you're looking for in there.

You can also go out to T-Mobile's web site and see what they have available for your device.

Roger

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Looks like the install did no go through correctly. You will need to reinstall it. I would delete both the os and the dm from ur pc and download dm 4.6/4.5 and then whatever version os you wish for your 8110.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Lindsey,

In my signature is a FAQ link that contains another link to all the most current OS's for each device. You should find what you're looking for in there.

You can also go out to T-Mobile's web site and see what they have available for your device.

Roger
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 12-08-2008 at 11:47 AM.

tw1xy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Follow everyone's advice. Make sure too you delete the vendor file when reinstalling the os through DM~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by tw1xy View Post
    Follow everyone's advice. Make sure too you delete the vendor file when reinstalling the os through DM~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is no need to do that if you are down-loading the hand held software from your own service provider.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    also note that you should scroll through the menu before confirming the update...many times boxes for your programs (i.e. BB Messanger, etc.) are unchecked and therefore never get installed...make sure you check the box for all the programs you would like installed when prompted by the app loader...hope this helps